Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put a master cylinder off of a 78 f-350 on my bronco with out changing the booster? I searched but it did not show this. My Bronco is a 78.

Thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
I believe so, you may have to adjust the pushrod length tho. I'm planning on doing just that when tis warm enough out there to run new brake lines.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Yes you change just the master cylinder. I would suggest you buy a new one vice a rebuilt one. Just make sure you check the length of the boost push rod first before you put the new master cylinder on. Also bench bleed the master cylinder before you install it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as i get one off of a 78 f-350 i should be good to go from what ive heard. I want to get a little better feel in the pedal.

·
Registered
712 Posts
yeps, and y'all need the booster for yer production year too, the '78 is different from the '79 somehow... 'em pirates got a good write-up on it all, with more information most folks ever wanna have about their brakes, lol

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Don't waist your time just swapping the M/C, replace the booster with an F-350 as well. Also upgrade to the larger 350 wheel cylinders out back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have disks in the back i just want the master cylinder for now and then the booster later in the year. Can i do just the master cylinder? That is what i want to know.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Don't think so.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need a concrete ansewer if i can just do the master cylinder? I need to know before i go buy one. I dont have the extra cash to get a booster right now and with the dual piston calipers up front i need the extra line pressure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts