Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Dead won’t budge. It’s up now. It seriously won’t do anything at all. Then the next day it works. I think it’s the motor though. When I had it out of the door and was testing it, it wouldn’t move or make a noise then when I put the doorman on, it worked perfect but the holes didn’t line up. When I had it out and would tap on it with a wrench it worked off and on. Something in the motor is sticking and it would be easier to just replace it at this point rather than being stuck somewhere, window down lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Dead won’t budge. It’s up now. It seriously won’t do anything at all. Then the next day it works. I think it’s the motor though. When I had it out of the door and was testing it, it wouldn’t move or make a noise then when I put the doorman on, it worked perfect but the holes didn’t line up. When I had it out and would tap on it with a wrench it worked off and on. Something in the motor is sticking and it would be easier to just replace it at this point rather than being stuck somewhere, window down lol.

Yeah if you have to tap it to make it move I'd think it's the motor. Was asking cause the driver side one tends to self destruct the plastic bearings like the tailgate motor

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Ordered a replacement window motor and some regatta blue touch up paint for where i got a small crack on the b-pillar. I’m going to re “caulk” it and touch it up.

Still waiting to find a reputable shop to install gears for me. I’m pretty set on Yukon 4.10’s but need someone to do it lol. Also, probably going to order the redhead gear and borgeson shaft soon and knock that out as well as new shocks for hopefully a little softer ride. I’m really loving cruising in this bad boy but also need to chase down the long crank. That’s to @BroncMom I’m going to be replacing my cables in the truck and I’m probably going to go ahead and do a high torque starter. It never ends!!

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
3,624 Posts
Ok ur making me blush now 😊 But... That's a nice list 👍 just one thought on the borgeson shaft... Was reading another post where someone did that conversion (can't remember who but it was recent, last month or 2) and while he said the steering was greatly improved, the one thing he was unhappy with was that he could feel a lot more of the road vibration/vibration (?) thru The wheel now... The thought was because no rag joint cushioning (if I'm recalling correctly, I read a lot here, it all just bleeds together sometime ☹)...
I only mentioned this because you mentioned softer ride and I know that would irritated me...
(Fyi Bilsteins all the way for the new shocks 👍😉)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Ok ur making me blush now But... That's a nice list just one thought on the borgeson shaft... Was reading another post where someone did that conversion (can't remember who but it was recent, last month or 2) and while he said the steering was greatly improved, the one thing he was unhappy with was that he could feel a lot more of the road vibration/vibration (?) thru The wheel now... The thought was because no rag joint cushioning (if I'm recalling correctly, I read a lot here, it all just bleeds together sometime )...
I only mentioned this because you mentioned softer ride and I know that would irritated me...
(Fyi Bilsteins all the way for the new shocks )
Thanks for that. I did a little reading and they make one with and one without a rag joint. Definitely going with a rag joint!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
So thanks to @Doosenberry for hooking me up with a cargo light, I sanded it down and taped it off and sprayed it. Turned out great and I’ll be installing that tomorrow. I honestly haven’t done much to her lately but drive her. I’ve enjoyed working on it a lot but now that I can actually enjoy it, it’s hard for me to want to do much work to it. I really would like to do the steering box/shaft soon but with work lately that’s tough. I detailed it today and polished my rims with a polish I’ve never heard of before and man is it legit. I’ll be buying more just to have but it worked wonders on my chrome bumper and aluminum rims. I’ll get better pics in the daylight but I’ve never been happy with my rims and this gets it wayyyy better. I was going to replace my bumper because of how dull it was but this stuff made it shine like new money. It’s the best polish I’ve honestly ever used but man it’s harsh on the sinuses.
Also got my drivers side window motor in today I’ll be installing that soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #148

This stuff. I have never heard of it before until the guy at the chrome shop told me about it where all the big 18 wheeler trucks get their stuff polished. I had to try it. He was a buddy of mine from high school and said he didn’t want to charge me to do my wheels and have to come back in a few months. He would rather me buy the stuff and be able to do it all the time. He knows that I absolutely love detailing vehicles though lol. I think it was $15.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I got it from a 18-wheeler “chrome shop” but I bet you can find it online. Smells like cinnamon gum lol.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
751 Posts
@mattmann your bronco is looking great!! Awesome rig!! I’m jealous that you can drive yours around more than I can lol

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Note on the Borgeson shaft: they also make one with no rag joint, but one of the universals has a build in damper. Model 975. I recently put one in mine, required a bit more modification to maintain maximum collapsing range, but I'll be posting a thorough write-up soon. Result is fantasticly tight and smooth steering

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I asked a buddy of mine the other night why he put a Chevy bb in his fox body and he said “because I wanted to go fast”

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Cleaned the underside for about 4 hours with wire brushes, stuff brushes, degreaser and pressure washers. The next day I painted the frame, axles, skid plates, etc taking extra precautions not to paint the underside and leave it like it came from FOMOCO. I then took the back wheels off to install new center caps but noticed how awful the drum covers looked and with free labor, took care of those after sanding them down. I had to take advantage of the unseasonable weather!! To finish it off I ended up detailing my every day truck, my wife’s expedition and the bronco.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That thing is looking great!

Cleaned the underside for about 4 hours with wire brushes, stuff brushes, degreaser and pressure washers. The next day I painted the frame, axles, skid plates, etc taking extra precautions not to paint the underside and leave it like it came from FOMOCO. I then took the back wheels off to install new center caps but noticed how awful the drum covers looked and with free labor, took care of those after sanding them down. I had to take advantage of the unseasonable weather!! To finish it off I ended up detailing my every day truck, my wife’s expedition and the bronco.
View attachment 169913 View attachment 169914 View attachment 169915 View attachment 169916 View attachment 169917 View attachment 169918 View attachment 169919 View attachment 169920
View attachment 169921

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
817 Posts
Hey @mattmann, are you somewhere near pope county Arkansas? I think I saw your bronco when I was down there last month. If so man it is stunning in person!

141 - 160 of 197 Posts