Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
yeah.... hopefully the theifs homies won't come lookin for him.... it's time to pack up and move.... i don't think i could shoot to kill if someone came at me with a screwdriver after breaking into my car.... leg sounded good to me...

this made me laugh out loud though

The brother of the suspect was also at the scene, and attempted to hide from police under a nearby car.

A police dog was utilized to coax him out.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Exactly why I don't own a gun. The wife says I'm a freak when it comes to home security, I jump when the heater clicks on. Tackled the wife out of bed in a hotel room once when I woke up and thought someone was coming through the patio door.
Saw a lot of stories like that one when the first deployment guys came back to Oceanside when I was stationed there. Marines just freakin out on burglars and trespassers.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
I'm thinking about gettin a bargain blaster from wal-mart, just a cheap shotgun, for perimeter breaches. I carry around an aluminum tire thumper bat when I'm checking the perimeter though, my neighbors would flip if they saw my tattooed self walking around with a shotgun at night.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Good 4 him!

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
stangmata50l said:
Good for him, but he is obviously a poor shot
Not necessarily true. Maybe the vet had seen enough killing over the last year and figured a bullet to the femur was enough.

I know it would change my mind pretty quick.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
stangmata50l said:
Good for him, but he is obviously a poor shot
If he was a poor shot, the guy wouldn't be at the hospital with a leg wound, he'd be at the morgue with a gaping chest wound.

It's not easy hitting a moving leg, especially when under duress.

BigBroncoJeff.....i got a kick out of that too.....they used a police dog to coax him out.....

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Oldyeller said:
Man you are obnoxious today, either that, or you're annoying when i'm sober. :goodfinge :histerica
Actually, Rob is in a good mood....i have the next four days off, and Mr. Jack Daniels and his Friends Coors and Light will be visiting me tonight.....

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Dude is lucky... the Marine must have been in a good mood to only take a legshot. Serves him right.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Guy got what he deserved

·
Registered
538 Posts
Anyone can shoot somebody, but I prefer the foot to ass method. :box0715:

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
The guy was obviously a poor shot because anyone who knows anything about shooting people legally knows that the ONLY reason to even point a gun at a human is to KILLLLLLL. Intentionally wounding someone with a gun will get you in a LOT more trouble than killing someone in self defense, and soldiers are taught to ALWAYS aim for center of mass. Now he not only has to face the self-defense investigation/trial, but he might also face a civil suit for assault w/deadly weapon (yes, the thief can sue & might even win).

It's always better to be the only witness who testifies. If you're not ready to kill, you shouldn't even own a gun. :shrug It's just more likely to get used on you. :enforce

I love the line about the dog "coaxing" the brother out, though. :histerica

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Steve83 said:
The guy was obviously a poor shot because anyone who knows anything about shooting people legally knows that the ONLY reason to even point a gun at a human is to KILLLLLLL. Intentionally wounding someone with a gun will get you in a LOT more trouble than killing someone in self defense, and soldiers are taught to ALWAYS aim for center of mass. Now he not only has to face the self-defense investigation/trial, but he might also face a civil suit for assault w/deadly weapon (yes, the thief can sue & might even win).

It's always better to be the only witness who testifies. If you're not ready to kill, you shouldn't even own a gun. :shrug It's just more likely to get used on you. :enforce
That is the first thing that any of the classes you take for carrying a concealed pistol will tell you. If you aim a gun at someone then you better be prepared to kill them. As you can get in just as much or more shit for wounding because then that guy can sue and press charges. And if you aim to wound then there is a much greater chance of the gun being used on you. So teh first and last thing they will tell you is if you arnt prepared to kill someone then you ought not to carry a gun.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Ever heard of excessive force? The guy made the right choice and disabled the would be thief/armed aggressor.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
well the marine probably shot enough people over the and , didn't want to deal with any more killing so he shot him in the leg to simply disable the guy, thats what i would of done, or broke both his legs and poke him with a stick and laugh at him till the cops arrived

1 - 20 of 30 Posts