Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to MEB's 15th Annual Bronco Round Up this weekend up in Gore VA.

Some killer trails ranging from easy to extreme. I was not able to take my Bronco but was able to ride and meet some great members.

Camp:

Silent One (Jim) One clean Bronco but its no mall crawler. :rockon

Clean before the trails

kram1991 (Mark) Clean

Rounding up for the trails

Cwbronco (Collin)

ski44 (Kenny) Bought johnski's old Bronco:

Huggyb (ed)

Reptilkus (kevin)

379sinvb (Rick)

Time for the trails

Trail guide FLIP !!!

For everyone thinking Silent One's Bronco looks to clean to wheel. It looks damn good dirty too! :thumbup

It was an awesome weekend and can't wait to take my Bronco next year! :beer

·
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome pics. Couldn't be happier to see my old rig actually being put to good use. Hope it wheeled well and everyone had a good time!
Kenny did great with it man! He is a natural at wheeling, him and the bronco have new battle wounds together. But man he crawled it all over the place. In good hand that bronco is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,677 Posts
My view from the other side of the lense.

bansai dave, though he had all the gremlins anyone could take. I bet that thing is badass. Maybe next time Dave.

Scoop's early Bronco. Gary I really appreciate you leading us around all day Friday. I hope you have a safe trip home with the Grandson!

reptillikus (Kevin)
http://www.
http://www.
The results of pushing your Bronco. Broken caliper I believe (chime in Kevin)

Duf's ride

·
Super Moderator
6,677 Posts

One of my trail fixes for saturday. Holley loaded up all day. Finally caught fire which caught air cleaner. Lost wing nut trying to get fire out. Used locking nut to keep it on to get off the trail.

My little fisherman. She tried to win the kids tourney. Came close, one 5 1/4 & one 6 1/4 sun fish.

beautiful early

Smors time

Raptor anyone?

Our view for the weekend

time to cook breakfast

departure time

My winnings for the weekend!

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts
Rick your son was cool as hell on the trail man, he was totally digging the whole trip it seemed :rockon

bansai dave, though he had all the gremlins anyone could take. I bet that thing is badass. Maybe next time Dave.
This thing was badass, I was hoping to see him run Hell's Hole.

The results of pushing your Bronco. Broken caliper I believe (chime in Kevin)
Didn't break the caliper, but heres my theory:
While in Hell's Hole, I threw a pad out of the caliper, that's when my brakes got bad and I backed off the hill.
Once we got on the main trail I developed a sudden and loud clunk, that was when the caliper fell out of the bracket and got caught in the wheel. Also when I touched the brake pedal, i blew the pistons completely out of the caliper which is how the master suddenly drained.

Short story, we removed it and pinched off the rubber line so I could drive back to the camp site. Unhitched trailer & drove the F250 to Carquest, who not only had the pads, but the caliper & the hardware kit, since I lost all the retaining hardware when the caliper came out. Got her all fixed up and we were good to go for Saturday :rockon

So the full list of carnage for me:

Friday:
1 leaky rear shock (started leaking on trailer, on way to VA) :duh
1 blown caliper + lost pad & all retaining hardware
Saturday:
1 small airleak in OBA hose, repaired on trail
1 broken elec fan switch, hotwired on side of trail

Ive yet to do my post-wheelin inspection, but everything else seems to be ok. I definitely racked the cab again though, the d.side full door doesn't close :rofl:

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts
Thanks. It better do well, ive replaced damn near everything except the frame :rofl:

Our base camp. This site was huge! Even with both trucks & trailer, still had room for plenty more

379sinvb

ski44

kram1991

cwbronco

trail guide rollover

This is where half the group bailed, pussies :goodfinge
You guys missed the show, after we fixed Collin's truck my wife took over driving duties for the remainder of the trip. The tail runner (2nd tour guide) said he never had so much fun at the back of a group :rofl:

headed back to base camp

That's most of our pics, but the whole gallery can be seen here.

No pics of SilentOne or huggyb apparently. Not for lack of trying, but we broke fairly early on Friday, and then didn't ride with them on Saturday.
Collin, that thing is badass, clean and it went everywhere all weekend long, good job dude :rockon

I thought it was hilarious that we had a whole line of FSBs at the event, and every one had a straight axle except for Jim's. He was the only one brave enough to wheel the TTB :toothless

·
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought it was hilarious that we had a whole line of FSBs at the event, and every one had a straight axle except for Jim's. He was the only one brave enough to wheel the TTB :toothless
I think he did pretty good with the TTB and Sway bars still on. :rockon

Hell next year I might be there with my TTB.............. Unless i get a wild hair and SAS happens in the next year....... ;)

·
Premium Member
7,144 Posts
Quit rubbing it in, I'll get it done one of these years.:haha

I kinda dozed off last night so i will get what i have up later.

·
Super Moderator
6,677 Posts
Thanks Kevin, Trey had a blast both days. Colin my youngest and Jim's co-pilot had fun also (thanks Jim for letting him ride). I roasted my carb for sure. Once it warms up it runs like shiot. Got a few more dings and dints, a bent tierod, leaky front diff and a leaky trans (probably front seal).
Mark are you going to post pics?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
got back about mid day on sunday, glad everyone else made it home okay. i only got like 4 pictures so not much to put up.

i had tons of fun wheeling though, definitely pushed my rig farther than i ever have. and it drove fantastically. i was very impressed with how well it drove.

im glad everyone had fun and i hope to see you all again next year, or at other events on the coast. i really want to make it to PA for one of these, and ill probably try and make another big dogs event at gore this year, maybe the main jambo which ive heard is a huge event.

special thanks again to rick and josh and mark for taking so many pictures of us all, and especially kevin who stuck around and gave me a hand with my exploded hub.

also johnski your old rig performed incredibly well, we wheeled it pretty hard. as far as kennys virgin wheeling trip, i think he gets noob of the year by snapping that dana 60 rear axle shaft on friday. glad we had a replacement and kept on going.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
also johnski your old rig performed incredibly well, we wheeled it pretty hard. as far as kennys virgin wheeling trip, i think he gets noob of the year by snapping that dana 60 rear axle shaft on friday. glad we had a replacement and kept on going.
I could tell from the pics that Kenny showed no fear, fo sho. What's the story on how he snapped the shaft? That's a first for that axle. The spare shaft I gave you guys has just been sitting for years...until last weekend. :toothless

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I could tell from the pics that Kenny showed no fear, fo sho. What's the story on how he snapped the shaft? That's a first for that axle. The spare shaft I gave you guys has just been sitting for years...until last weekend. :toothless
he was pretty confident with it, happy it went well.

story of the shaft was funny but it kinda sucked. him and i broke off from the rest of the group and stuck with the white and orange EB to go on another run. we took bailout number three because it was getting kind of late and the other 2 went on. got back to the main trail, and ive wheeled there a few times but i was not very confident on which way was back to camp. didnt have a map either. ended up finding the trail that we originally came in on that morning and started to follow it out. but i forgot that toward the end of that run, there is a massive hill with slick rock, and some pretty wet dirt. got to a rock ledge on that run and it took me a few times, but with the right line and the skinny petal i was able to get up there. walked back down to try and spot kenny, and after a few attempts there was of course a pretty loud bang. ran down under to take a look at the front joints first but all seemed good. there was a shattered rock nearby so we thought maybe it was that. but it all clicked when there was no longer power to the pass rear tire. ended up winching it up past the slick rocks and then slowly drive up the rest. got it back to camp and then tore it apart while everyone was doing the RTI ramp.

im very glad we had a spare with us (thanks john, we now have to find another) and we were also glad to find out that apparently dana 60 rear shafts are the same length on each side, which was great news.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
im very glad we had a spare with us (thanks john, we now have to find another) and we were also glad to find out that apparently dana 60 rear shafts are the same length on each side, which was great news.
I would've been more suprised if it was one of the front chromos. As for finding another shaft, just hit the local yards and look for late 70's F250's, 4x4 or 2wd. They all should have the 30 spline rear 60. I pulled that axle from a yard, then went hunting for another so I could carry a couple spare shafts. I gave the other one to a stranded jeeper many years back at Uwharrie.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.