Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of pics from Friday @ Rausch. Damage total was the weld breaking on the rear driveshaft from an early bronco that OX was able to weld back together on the trail, Joe breaking the rear output shaft on his bw1356 and I broke a ujoint on the front axle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Plant Vehicle Car Wheel

Tire Vehicle Plant Car Automotive tire

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
30,907 Posts
Yo nineveh,
Great quality pics!
Good that OX had the welder.
Did you and Joe have spare parts; or did Joe return home on using just 4 wheel drive and you w/ usual rear wheel drive?

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
I only have a couple pics/vids of one EB and Joe.

Some vids of Joe.

The driveshaft I welded. It was pretty much brand new, but came apart like it was barely welded in that spot.
My weld was pretty bad, more on top of the metal than penetrating, but good enough to get back to the parking lot
(or maybe even event campground, not sure). This portable welder is a Hobart rated at 180, but it sure wasn't putting
out that kind of amps that day.

And I had another boot blowout at Rausch. Last time was real old boots, this time, they
were brand new. Chinese JUNK!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yo nineveh,
Great quality pics!
Good that OX had the welder.
Did you and Joe have spare parts; or did Joe return home on using just 4 wheel drive and you w/ usual rear wheel drive?
Thanks, it was the end of the day Joe got back to the campground in fwd & trailered there so I just needed to get back to the parking lot in rwd. OX was willing to help replace the ujoint in the parking lot, but i decided to call it a day. OX is a wheeling guru & he's hell on trailer tires & shoes

·
FSM Lifetime
779 Posts
Finally got a chance to get a video together of day ones wheeling. I’m hoping by the end of the week I’ll have a chance to go through and grab out any pictures I have, as well as put together a video of the carnage on Cemetery. Was definitely a great trip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts