Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have searched and yes there is write up's about it. Most of them are for using both the stock and after market. For me and our 86 I don't care if the stock temp guage works or not. I bought a sunpro from autozone. Is there a single place to plug in the probe? I am not after buying a new t-stat housing and from what I have read you won't get a 100% acurate reading anyway. I read somewhere about drilling a hole in intake :crazy . I am not looking to create more problems. I read also one writeup that you could use the temp sensor stock location but would have to buy more fittings to make it work. Are there any places on the 86 xlt 302 EFI to get a acurate reading from the mech temp gauge. I am talking insert probe and gauge works. :banghead

Thanks,

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
Yes I have searched and yes there is write up's about it. Most of them are for using both the stock and after market. For me and our 86 I don't care if the stock temp guage works or not. I bought a sunpro from autozone. Is there a single place to plug in the probe? I am not after buying a new t-stat housing and from what I have read you won't get a 100% acurate reading anyway. I read somewhere about drilling a hole in intake :crazy . I am not looking to create more problems. I read also one writeup that you could use the temp sensor stock location but would have to buy more fittings to make it work. Are there any places on the 86 xlt 302 EFI to get a acurate reading from the mech temp gauge. I am talking insert probe and gauge works. :banghead

Thanks,
Thats what I did and the kit I bought had the additional fitting to make it work.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Thats what I did and the kit I bought had the additional fitting to make it work.
But you did that with a mechanical gauge? I guess it does depend on where you mount it... but mine up in the A pillar wouldn't come close to reaching that...

ive hear of alot of people putting it in a heater hose.
Yep, get some extra hose, some fittings, and have your heater hose loop over to the driver side of the engine compartment and then back over to the heater core inlet.

This is of course all assuming you're using an a-pillar mount. If you mount it in the center/under the dash, you shouldn't have a problem getting it to the t-fitting where it comes out of the intake.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you mount it in the center/under the dash, you shouldn't have a problem getting it to the t-fitting where it comes out of the intake.
I am at work so I have no access to my manual. Anyone got a quick pic of the "t-fitting" location? Just to save some time when I get home from work tonight. Please bare with me as I just got the bronco like 3 or 4 weeks ago. This is my first bronco so I am still learning it's in' and out's.

Thanks for the help all :)

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
If there's ever a time when you need a picture or a diagram of something on your Bronco... search for "Steve83", and look in his supermotors albums... you're almost guaranteed to find what you're looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts