Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to mechanically roll down the rear window on a 96 Bronco? I think it is not latched properly but i can't get it to go hitting the left side of the tailgate.

I have seen posts of checking the switch, but i want to do try the "mechanical" solution first

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Push in the corners why you use the key. Some times in rattles things in there if ya don't have it closed all the way.

It's always worked for me. Don't hit, push. :)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
i roll my window up and down mechanically all the time. I pulled the access panel on the tail gate and just pull down on the scissor support attached to the window. Do the reverse to put the window up.

·
Registered
408 Posts
if i were you, i would put the gate down then manually latch the two latches. Try the switch and key then. if that doesn't work, i would try to jump the wires on the motor to see if it works.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
It would be even better if there was a way to use barn doors like the chevy suburbans then all the window BS would be long gone. Plus I just like em' better than the single gate.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
It would be even better if there was a way to use barn doors like the chevy suburbans then all the window BS would be long gone. Plus I just like em' better than the single gate.
if you could get the doors to mate up to the top it would work. maybe you could even graft some chevy doors onto the back of the bronco and the top.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
if you could get the doors to mate up to the top it would work. maybe you could even graft some chevy doors onto the back of the bronco and the top.
It would be nice, but not nice enough for me to put that kind of work into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts