Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
I don't have some of the req's to go out there YET. Maybe I'll make it, maybe not.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have some of the req's to go out there YET. Maybe I'll make it, maybe not.
Well, what all do you have??? we discussed this issue at our last meeting. We dont want to have to turn anybody away, so we will be leinient about SOME of the requirements.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I get my tires in time I just may make it down. If for nothing to eat some piggy.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
wish i had my bronco down here, but i think i'm going to go to Silver Lake the weekend before or after memorial weekend.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seat belts for all occupants.
Strong secure tow points
Fully enclosed steel top, or rollbar over all occupied seats.
First aid kit
Fire extinguisher
CB radio
No alcohol on trails

We don't want to turn anybody away, so we would probably be lenient on the CB, first aid kit and fire extinguisher, and this will be the LAST event that we give any leniency on rollbar/cage requirements.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I guess I won't be making it then...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't have anything on that list besides seatbelts :doh0715:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then grab some tools and get busy- times a wastin':twak

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I grabbed an automotive type one at wal-mart last week for the buggy I am cobbling together for my dad- bout $18 if I remember correctly.

floyd- a 2 inch receiver hitch in the rear is acceptable if you have one- just get a hook or two on the front. Adequate tow points are one thing I won't overlook if I am running the registration tent. If you are wheeling, you will get stuck eventually, and you need to have something to hook to to get you out effectively (and safely)

I will overlook items like-

fire extinguisher- your rig, so it's your loss if it burns to the ground
first aid kit- it's there to help you and your passengers, so it's your risk
CB- also your azz/rig on the line if you cant communicate for help
I believe you are supposed to have a tow strap with no metal hooks too, but if you dont have a strap, someone else will, but I personally refuse to use MY strap to help you if you dont have a proper place to attach it to ( I won't subject my expensive tow strap to possible damage caused by improper attachment points- plus the dangers associated with the kinetic energy of said strap and chintzy attachment points)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts