Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a messed up problem with my 78. tonight when I went to leave with it I went to use my turn signal and they wouldn't work not in the dash and not outside it would also turn the stereo off when I pushed them on. then as the bronco warmed up they started to work but would go really really slow still shutting the stereo down for a second then it would pop back on. once it was fully warmed up I had no problems at all. stereo worked fine turn signals worked fine. seems really messed up I know and I hate trouble shooting electrical problems. I didn't think cold affected wiring and stuff like that or does it? Any ideas?

·
Registered
235 Posts
check the battery then the alt.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Billz4x4z said:
Clean all body grounds and battery connections.
:rockon :rockon

Agreed....Loose corroded connection....Im guessin somethins a little damp and corroded....When the engine compartment heats up it dries off...I usually have solenoid post connection problems or the harness plug along the firewall right next to the brake booster/throttle armature area..

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:twotu: Thanks all for the help, when we swap the motor in here hopefully this weekend I'm gonna go over everything, clean everything good, replace some stuff. so hopefully I'll get it all fixed up. then on to the fun stuff doing the diffs and the rest of the body work :beer oh the joy of fixing up an older bronco :banghead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts