Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the wiring for my trailer brakes when I noticed my backup lights weren't working. So I checked the fuse and it was blown. I bought fuses and replaced them all and now the truck will not start. I turn the key and the only sounds I get are the electric fuel pump and a click from under the dash. The part that is clicking is a relay of some sort (maybe an accessory relay) with a part number of 15B683-AA. I assume this relay is the problem, but I cant find any information for that part number or what the relay is actually for. Has anybody else ever encountered this, if so, what is the fix?

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
you are much more likely to get the answers you want in here, than in the intro area.

welcome and good luck. :toothless

Registered
Just to rule out a dead battery - try jump starting it from another vehicle....and make sure your terminal connections are clean and tight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just to throw this out there:

If you were messing with the back up lights, are you certain you've fully put the truck back into park or neutral???

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up being the neutral safety switch. Now I have a new problem. I hooked up my trailer wiring and now my back-up lights aren't working. They worked this morning, but now I have no electric to the plug in the back of the truck. I checked the fuses and they look good.

imdabes
Start at the light for that one.

Your trailer light isn't working or the lights on the truck aren't working?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts