Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No avatar required
Joined
·
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a metal gloxe box liner for my 79. The old cardboard one got wet and crumbled. Does anyone have a link or a source for them? I could always try to make one with some sheetmetal. But it would be ghetto at best with no welder and bad hands. :banghead
 

·
Chaos is coming!!
Joined
·
515 Posts
I have a 79 and I'm getting another 79 (hopefully picking it up this weekend) I am using them for racing so I dont need the glove boxes, let me check them out and I'll let you know if I can help you out.
 

·
No avatar required
Joined
·
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have a new cardboard one in the garage, but I know it will get wet again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Thanks, I have a new cardboard one in the garage, but I know it will get wet again.
It sounds silly but put a coat of urethane over it,makes it more water proof.I always wanted to make a metal 1 to but never got around to it.
 

·
No avatar required
Joined
·
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Billz4x4z said:
It sounds silly but put a coat of urethane over it,makes it more water proof.I always wanted to make a metal 1 to but never got around to it.

Will it hold the weight of a pistol?

Someoneon PJB sent me a link to a plastic one from JBG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Will it hold the weight of a pistol?

Someoneon PJB sent me a link to a plastic one from JBG
I forgot JBG has that plastic 1 out.I'd get it if its available,nothing is ever completely water proof.I wanna build a console for mine,seems like no matter what I do to reinforce the cardboard one it tears,although the urethane trick does keep it from gettin soft and tearing.I always hated those cardboard 1's just for the fact they tear so easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Thanks to Jeff's Bronco Graveyard this plastic glovebox liner works great, but I like the top of the line, If anyone make a metal one count me in and make me one.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top