Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer/friend who owns one, he belongs to a miata club and go's to track day at firebird with it. I always made fun of him for the car for a long time now. well today I went for a ride in it, I get in and he tell me to put the harness on,I'm like ok, he starts it,, BAM I'm like what the f#ck! 5.0 supercharged mustang power!

He brings me for a short hell ride than a parking lot trip.After that he lets me drive, tons of power, no weight he tells me it 2700lbs. get on the I10 and that thing pulled up to 120 in 3rd.

I will not be calling him gay for having a miata anymore:whiteflag

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
You got served by a chick car. ;)

Miatas aren't bad, they are a nice, cheap roadster that while stock, may not have much power... But they are fun, light and can be easily modded.

I knew a guy who raced one as well.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Stacy's Miata is pretty badass. I wasn't sure I would like it with that body kit but it grew on me. Like his mullet, it just takes gettin used to.

I think he got most of his stuff from Monster Miata.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it's a AC Cobras little sister.
hell it's blue with white stripes too!

This little car kicked ass, all from a 91 mustang,gt40 heads, intake, paxton supercharger,trans,front end and I think axle?

·
that's a lot of oil
775 Posts
I've been passed by miatas several times at the track.

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
miatas are autocrossing awesomeness too, they are awesome cars that look a little feminine, but like a hot chick, you know you wanna go for a ride.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
i painted one for a guy awhile back. he had a turbo put on the stock motor and had it tuned, it was pretty quick. i wouldnt want one myself, but to each his own.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
I like how the rollbar comes up to the top of your neck... That will keep it from getting scratched in the event of a rollover-

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
was it in fact a monster miata? those things are badass. ive seen a few of them, they flyyy off the line, and flyy after that.

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
i got a friend that has a miata as a toy. he dropped a 302 in it and its pretty sick. it will run right with his honda s2000.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Having taken a supercharged Miata for a couple of hot laps around Texas Motor Speedway, I can assure the car runs exceedingly well.... Since then the car has received the 1.8 motor.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I always thought they were majorly rainbow until I saw a miata 327 build, THEN the AC Cobra analogy popped in my head. Underpowered, decent handling car with the power it should have had from the beginning.

Don't know if I'd ever own one, and still think the stock ones are like MR2's, for the guys that are too chicken to just come out of the closet, but a fast car is a fast car and the looks on the last body update are actually pretty decent.

Still think I'll just do an AC kit one day, same price as buying and modding a miata and and least I'd have something that looks like what I've always wanted :)

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
miata's have everything from 5.0's to LS powered chebby engines stuffed in them.

yah they are stupid fast with that much power.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I did about the same with a friend's S2000..I harassed him for the car being gay until we went out for a drive.. That car was built for one purpose and Honda made it very obvious. FUN car. I imagine that even though a Miata doesn't have the power of the S2000, it's handling characteristics have to be a blast - then add in a 5.0...sick.
Do NOT compare an S2000 to a Miata! :twak

1 - 20 of 36 Posts