Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to rebuild the D44 on my bronc, and I need some help. I've never set up gears before and don't have the foggiest idea how to do it. If anyone in the Michigan area could help, I'd pay some gas money and fill you full of pizza if you could help me out. Please let me know! I have Fridays and Saturdays off.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Rockwood is down by Monroe, Where Telegraph and 75 Meet, then go south <20-30 mins and your there.

I'm not good with gears either tho, infact i need to do the gears on my D44 as well. But I would love to learn and will give a hand if needed with the the rest of the rebuild.

-Rob

·
Registered
203 Posts
you are about a hour away I can do gears but will do mine only just for the reson only done one set so far but it is not hard. get a manual and it will tell you set for set on how to do them.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
I'd come down if you were working on something I could help with...never done gears.

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bah. I'm really up a creek here.

a local shop said they'd do it, but would charge $500 to do so.... :(

I just don't trust myself enough to read a book and do it. Thanks though fellas.

It would actually be done in New Boston. just north of monroe on 275. My parent's house/large garage. :)

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
the problem is that most times the tools required to set up gears cost more than what it would take to pay some one to do it.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
If no one on here is able to help right now...either wait winter out and try again or maybe post up that you are looking for a "cheap, at home, mechanic" or a shop guy on the moon-light that wants to help out.

I used to get all the work done on my jeep from a guy that worked the shop but moon-lighted at night...heck he would even take the jeep into the dealership and put it up on their lift. But I don't have a ford guy right now though...

When I switch to 4.10's - I am quite sure I'll be stuck paying for it... Sorry man.

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't lost hope yet. I'm reading all I can. Pirate has an excellent write up on the tech section, performed on a d60. I have a d44, but its pretty similar. Who knows, maybe I can learn enough to do it on the side....lol...not likely, but its nice to dream, eh?

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Well if you learn then I can ask you questions...!

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if any of you are near waterford, but I have a guy who is going to do a full rebuild on the axle, including re-clutching the trac loc for $150! :)

Pm me, I can give you his info if you're interested. ASE master tech, all the good stuff.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
I don't know if any of you are near waterford, but I have a guy who is going to do a full rebuild on the axle, including re-clutching the trac loc for $150! :)

Pm me, I can give you his info if you're interested. ASE master tech, all the good stuff.
See? Sweet. Good Job. I'll be driving down looking for help end of this year :thumbup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts