Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some money-software to enable me to plug in hours of work and subtract local taxes, social security, etc, etc from employees checks. Will be starting to have staff soon and want to have a program to make it easy, and to keep running totals on staff. Anyone have any insight on this type of program? Thanks :thumbup

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Crack Dealers Annonymous :goodfinge

Very close! Astra did mention your prostate was in tip top shape after the other night's romp.

I've heard of quickbooks...looks mighty expensive :shocked
You call 200bucks mighty expensive to run your business?

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You call 200bucks mighty expensive to run your business?
it's 350 at the cheapest on sale :goodfinge. I just looked at a few reviews...some have had some issues with the software and have gone to other alternatives? I'm not going to be tracking any products, etc, etc. Just need something simple to track man-hours and pay staff/print checks.

Primasoft Software a few recommended?

Downloading the trial of Microsoft Office Accounting Pro now...

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
it's 350 at the cheapest on sale :goodfinge. I just looked at a few reviews...some have had some issues with the software and have gone to other alternatives? I'm not going to be tracking any products, etc, etc. Just need something simple to track man-hours and pay staff/print checks.

Primasoft Software a few recommended?

Downloading the trial of Microsoft Office Accounting Pro now...
I was thinking you only needed the pro for 199.00.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
how many employees you have? It might be cheaper and easier in the long run to look into payroll services.

I could create a Excel Spreadsheet for you, that prints checks. You could pay me with your vette.

I haven't heard many good things about Quickbooks 08. It seems Intuit is much better at personal money management than they are at business money management. I could search for some alternatives for you.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking you only needed the pro for 199.00.
only saw the 2 higher level versions at a quick glance on their website, i see the cheaper version now..still kind of expensive...i'll keep looking aruond

how many employees you have? It might be cheaper and easier in the long run to look into payroll services.

I could create a Excel Spreadsheet for you, that prints checks. You could pay me with your vette.

I haven't heard many good things about Quickbooks 08. It seems Intuit is much better at personal money management than they are at business money management. I could search for some alternatives for you.
I've seen mixed reviews as well, and for a $$$ software...im hesitant, if it were 50 bucks i'd be all over it. I'll have a max of 3-4 employees, maybe 60 hours a week tops total payout...

I was just looking for a cheap simple software to make it easier..don't need a ton of features really...

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
not to be fawking nosey but if you get into 401k, health insurance, hire an employee who owes child support, and just tax preparation and completion, then you have to pay into social security and pensions or whatever, it gets kind of mind boggling.

I write myself off as self employed with 1 employee, being myself. If i ever added employees i would probably just go with a payroll service or an accountant, seeing as that there are so many damn tax laws now i can't keep up with them, and then the employees start claiming funky stuff on their tax forms and it gets real hard.

Is the business profitable enough to spend the money to go to an accountant and let someone else worry about it? Or let a service take care of it?

In all honesty you can probably just do it on excel, you just need to read about what taxes need removed and what percentage need removed.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not to be fawking nosey but if you get into 401k, health insurance, hire an employee who owes child support, and just tax preparation and completion, then you have to pay into social security and pensions or whatever, it gets kind of mind boggling.

no 401k now, or health insurance, or child support, etc. basic stuff for now..i'll talk to a local accountant about taxes as well as this...

I write myself off as self employed with 1 employee, being myself. If i ever added employees i would probably just go with a payroll service or an accountant, seeing as that there are so many damn tax laws now i can't keep up with them, and then the employees start claiming funky stuff on their tax forms and it gets real hard.

Is the business profitable enough to spend the money to go to an accountant and let someone else worry about it? Or let a service take care of it?

Yes, but I'd prefer to do simple stuff myself, no use in farming it out.

In all honesty you can probably just do it on excel, you just need to read about what taxes need removed and what percentage need removed.
I'm hoping so...i'll talk to some people who run a similar business and see what they recommend

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just picked up quickbooks simple off of ebay for 40 bucks shipped...we'll see how it works, thanks! :thumbup

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh...it looks as if Quickbooks simple, pro, etc, ALL require you to PAY 99$/yr+ depending on what options you want for ANY payroll services, seems pretty jewish to me. It says it does payroll, but doesn't tell you you have to subscribe to it as well. Would I be better off going straight to a payroll system and then just download tax tables each year? pretty pissed off with the fact you have to repay, not just for tax tables, but to even get the feature

1 - 15 of 15 Posts