Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am now the proud owner of a 1975 2WD F150 supercab perfect body ready to paint with a broken 390 that's stripped apart.. :thumbup

I'm also waiting on delivery on a 1978 4WD F150 supercab with a running 400 in it. The body is rusted all over.. (It also has leaf springs on the front.. I'm told it came from the factory like that) :rockon

My question is.. Are the frames the same? Basicaly if they are I can move the suspension/motor and trans over to the good body.. Or will I have to move the good body to the 4wd frame..

I'm not to knowledgable with these old trucks yet so that's why I'm asking for opinions.. I wish I had a Dana 60 for it, but I don't. :( I guess the Dana44 is going to have to like 44" boggers for awhile..:drinkbud

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
Yes the front leafs were factory on the F150 Super Cab only. The Regular Cabs have coils. I am not sure about the conversion on the 70. I do know it is not a hard conversion for the 80's so I would think it could be done.:thumbup

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The 4x2 and 4x4 frames are different and it would be easier to swap bodys than it would be to convert a 4x2 frame to a 4x4 frame. They are nothing like the 80 and up frames which are the same betwee 4x4 and 4x2 trucks.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.. So I'm going to swap bodies then.. No biggie. I've done it before. (I just hope the frame isn't rusted up badly..

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome.. I can't waiting to get this project rolling...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts