Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Midwest Chapter Meet and Greet final decisions

16K views 315 replies 38 participants last post by  dougs89 
#1 ·
3968 N. Xavier Rd.
Attica, Indiana 47918
Phone: 765-762-2981

Date: June 2, 3 and 4. (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

Lodging: The new Attica Campground doesn't allow drinking, it's a non alcoholic park (it's out)

I will be camping.....i will be calling to get information about Summers Carroll Campground, 5509 N 200 E, Attica, Indiana 47918. I am going to call them. I will be calling about a group discount, please let me know who is going to camp so that i can get an idea of how many people we have going.

Hotels. There are a few around, if you let me know if your going to Hotel Camp (Ya wuss, grab a beer and come stay in the camper i am draggin down there) I will try to get a discount for you also, there are several hotels (chains) in the area.

So let me know.

See less See more
#3 ·
4sd and I are so there, and we will be camping. Let us know when you have a good package price.
And find out if there is electricity at the campground, just in case I don't finish the on-board air system.

#9 ·
I don't know if I will be able to make it that weekend. I just was reminded tonight that my club has an outting planned for the second weekend in June at Apple Valley. But I guess now it turns out there is a state association convention that weekend too so most of us will be going to that therefore the Apple Valley trip will probably be rescheduled. So I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I don't know if you guys really needed to know all that but that's what's going on with my plans. I'll do my best to make it and if I do, I have nothing against camping but the Attica Inn is the nicest motel I've ever stayed at so that's where I'll be staying. Not that I wouldn't stop by the fire for a drink or six:toothless

#10 ·
No unforeseen events withstanding, I'm there :thumbup Probably 2 other broncos with me too. Camping for sure. Looking forward to it :beer :drinkbud

#11 ·
Bronco Rob said:
Maybe we should wait to ask after we fire it a couple times......

"Oh you mean you don't allow drunken pneumatic cannon wars? We had no idea!!"

:toothless
That's a better idea!:thumbup

#12 ·
Im prolly going to use some vacation days from work to go that weekend. Its a bit of a drive but should be fun. Would yall mind if my brother brought his truck, its sort of a show truck ('78 f150 on 38s) so I dont know if you guys will be fond of it since he prolly wont wheel it much :brownbag Especially if he tows my truck out there. Although itd be funny if he broke and I had to tow him home :histerica

#13 ·
I don't know why not, I am bringing my Stang.

I probably will not wheel that much, even though it is not much of a show vehicle.

My front McPherson's don't have a driveshaft hooked up to them

#14 ·
I'll be another camper, tent. I'll prob. show up friday night.
My other friend may come as well but for sure I am going to make it.
I may also have my quad, with me

#16 ·
Mr. Death said:
Im prolly going to use some vacation days from work to go that weekend. Its a bit of a drive but should be fun. Would yall mind if my brother brought his truck, its sort of a show truck ('78 f150 on 38s) so I dont know if you guys will be fond of it since he prolly wont wheel it much :brownbag Especially if he tows my truck out there. Although itd be funny if he broke and I had to tow him home :histerica

Dude, your a member here, it's not about the truck you drive, it's the fact that your part of the FSB family, you and anyone you want to bring are more than welcome to come watch me break my rig.

I am in Cleveland, if you are on the north side of Akron, by the airport, your about a 45 minute drive from me....we should definitely hook up for the drive out there. I was planning on taking Friday off and leaving sort of in the morning. Get out there and set everything up so that when people arrive, they know where we are at.

I still have to call the campground. I don't see a whole bunch of hotel people yet, so i will wait to call them.

#17 · (Edited)
the best hotel is the attica inn if your gonna stay anywhere. Its realitively new built i think in 2000 clean and decently priced. Im up for the camping part. I might not be able to make it till saturday tho. it depends on my work load in june working construction is seasonal so i work when i can. ohh and they say the dont allow alcahol at the campground. when i was at summerfest for the XJ's there was plenty of drinking going on and as long as you werent disturbing anyone they didnt seem to care. i think the no alcamohol part is a liability thing so if someone comes around dont get caught tho.

#19 ·
Potamus said:
Ask if they mind pneumatic cannons.
:histerica :histerica

AndyBronco said:
ohh and they say the dont allow alcahol at the campground.
Since when don't campgrounds allow alkeehawl? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

I would definitely like to be there. The wife and sister have a plan to try and go to Hawaii around then(yes with me and the brother-in-law), not sure of the dates or if it will even work out at this point though.
You couldn't have picked a better weekend(for me). I just checked my schedule(rotating 5 week schedule) and that is my 4 day weekend(Fri - Tues). I can't say for sure I'll be there but I'm definitely planning on it and gonna try my best, whether the wife wants to or not. What kind of trails do they have around there? Any good place(s) for riding the ATV's?

#20 ·
Check the website out Bob....would be really cool if your there.

In about a week and a half i am going to have 6 weeks off of work. So i will have nothing better to do but call and harass a campground about a group rate for some pneumatic cannon, Bronco drivin' fools.

#21 ·
jeremiah2 said:
anybody going through southern mn to get that way i need a guide as i am a idiot with directions if so I am in for it

Hey!

You might as well swing by Me and Potamus's house on your way there.

That is why we want to caravan with others. That way we get more people than just us lost:histerica

Seriously, follow the river down until you get to Fort Madison then take a right into IA again. I live about three blocks from the river.

#22 ·
I should make, ill camp too, itll be me and my best friend, and My bro just a heep, so I drag his ass out there just to watch him get stuck and pull him out =P

#23 ·
Hopefully I will be able to make it. WOn't know until closer to the date. Also depends on if I have another vehicle or not, even though I live a 1/2 an hour away.

Oh yeah, about the alcohol thing at the Attica Family campground, they don't allow alcohol per se, but will look the other way as long as you are not causing any disturbances.

Brian

#25 ·
No Alcohol = New Campsite. I don't drink while on the trails or anything, but at the end of the day when its time to unwind... well, you know. :drinkbud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.