Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be the dumbest question ever and i'll admit it makes me sound like an ass, but could someone please help me with the best way to "search" for hings on this site. Any time someone says to search i do, but find one or two helpful posts and like a thousand ones that are not really related. and sorry i had no clue where to put this one.:whiteflag

·
Registered
541 Posts
sorry, i cant ever find what im looking for when i search. either go without knowing or get ragged on for asking.:thumbup

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer 5.8 tow package, keyless entry/security system
1,090 Posts
not quite sure what info you need on hinges. I found 10 pages of threads when I searched. What exactly do you need to know about hinges?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
The search featured on this website does not do whole phrase searches. if you search for "bannana ice cream" it will return all articles with the word bannana, ice, or cream.

Now you can narrow this search down some by selecting just title searches, or if you knew of a person who posted it, by their name. You're best bet if you're searching for lets say a transmission cooler is to do a search for one of these words and look through the results. When i do a search i normally search just titles, has anyone could have mentioned "transmission" in any of the posts, but the titles with that word will most likely be less.

The admins of this site can change the search setup, but right now it appears to be configured to search for any of the words you put in the "key words" box.

Your best bet is to do a search for the words your looking for and read through the posts returned. You dont ahve to read EVERY post that comes up... you cant type in a question and get an answer, but thats what most people expect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
everything on a bronco has been already adressed here. so dont waste your time to create new thread since the only answer you're gonna get is "Search" ! !:wacko

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
smileybry said:
oh and one more trick i use... go to google.com and put this in the search bar

"transmission cooler" site:http://fullsizebronco.com

this will search the entire site for the exact phrase. if you dont want exact phrase you can take out the quotes

if you need more advanced then that you can go to http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
I second that above trick, I did the above before even opening an account on this forum. Everybody is quick on this website to tell you just too search. You almost need a Master Deg to figure out on the best combo to get a search response. I feel your pain ;)

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,033 Posts
chevysuck said:
this may be the dumbest question ever and i'll admit it makes me sound like an ass, but could someone please help me with the best way to "search" for hings on this site. Any time someone says to search i do, but find one or two helpful posts and like a thousand ones that are not really related. and sorry i had no clue where to put this one.:whiteflag
one other helpful hint is to make sure you are searching on a properly spelled word. :thumbup :doh0715:

Hinge.

·
Registered
199 Posts
edluvsbronc said:
sorry, i cant ever find what im looking for when i search. either go without knowing or get ragged on for asking.:thumbup
you guys are rough! Pretty funny though. Defineately going to think about my questions before I ask. I dont need one of those stupid f*ckin smiley faces telling me Im a dumb ass

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
If everyone actually searched....there would be nothing to talk about!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Call me crazy but I dont think he was looking for anything about hinges. I believe that when he typed "hings" he was trying to type "things", meaning he is just looking for general advice on how to search here. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you guys rag on him because "in order to get a good search spell things right...hinges" I think he was reffering to how to search for THINGS...yeah enough said.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
so if all they want us to do is search, then why dont the admins turn the bko section into a archive so we can no longer post in it?

May be the extreme, but it will limit threads bout searching!!!!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sorry about that but it was supposed to say "things", not hinge or hings

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
amw_drizz said:
so if all they want us to do is search, then why dont the admins turn the bko section into a archive so we can no longer post in it?
Becouse then new stuff wouldnt get posted.

People tell others to search only when the topic has been discused a million times.

For example
Question = Can a solid axle be put in to replace the IFS front on a Bronco, has this ever been done?
Awnser = Search Noob :twak

Here is an example of a question that has not.

Question = What is the procedure for properly adjusting the T.V. cable/T.V. pressure on an AOD transmision.
Awnser = A bunch of FSB members atempting to help you find the correct procedure.

Do you see the diferance?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts