Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,826 Posts
allright heres tha deal..i got a 92 ford f150 2wd 300I6 e40d 3.08 gears.i'm planing on making it 4wd with tha parts off my 84 Bronco i just recently did a D44 SAS on.anyways what kinda MPG would i be lookin at with 3.08s 4speed granny tranny and 33's??or should i go and spend a couple more pay checks on a rebuilt 5speed trans?
Unless you are on the highway allot and plan to gear down to at least 3.73, if not 4.10, then I wouldn't mess with an OD (5 spd) trans. Without a regear, the M5OD will suck in 1'st with 3.08's and OD would be useless, and a zf will still be useless in OD.

Does your solid 44 have 3.08 gears in it? It's not going to work too well in 4x4 if front and rear don't match.

Mileage depends on how healthy your engine is and your driving habits, but I'm getting 14 city 15.5 hyw with my setup in my sig w/ 3.55's. I would expect that you would see something close to that.

· Registered
1,826 Posts
I would do either:

A (the cheap way) 3.08's and the 4spd with granny low 1'st or
B (the right way) 4.10 and the zf

2000 rmp @ 73 isn't enough RPM...trust me. You'll be shifting into 4th at every hill on the Hwy. Either A or B above will give you better hwy RPM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.