Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can get these badboys for $599. Anbody have experience with one of these?

·
College User
2,020 Posts
Own one, got it for [email protected] www.winchesplus.com It is a big winch and can pull but will stall, and like everything fail. I have stalled mine some times. Also it has no brake only a clutch.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damager said:
Gotta get one of these bad boys :thumbup

id have to sell my truck and mount in on my bicycle to afford it
:drinkbud

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gobucs1 said:
Own one, got it for [email protected] www.winchesplus.com It is a big winch and can pull but will stall, and like everything fail. I have stalled mine some times. Also it has no brake only a clutch.
So does that mean it wont hold a load on a hill etc. without a brake?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I don't think it should be a serious question for either of you. I know they have bottomless gunk in GA and MI. A lesser winch like the elec. MM would do fine for guys in the SW, but for anything else, why skimp?

·
College User
2,020 Posts
A warn 12000 is better than a MM but is it worth twice the price, to me it was not. For the holing on a hill I have to experience but if was a 30 degree banking I would say to the bottom you go. If you were inside to hold your brakes it is fine, and the remote does make it inside even by mounting it on the passenger side.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
for me i am not a rock climber (too much carnage)..i am just a little kid and love playing in the mud....i can't live without...so all i need is something with good pulling power and good anchor because i don't want to lose an arm or neck or chest or something :smash

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well, I think you've answered your own question, then. The M12k is selling for $970 right now. That's not too bad. Figure for the price difference, you're getting 25' more cable, true 12000# pulling power, AND A BRAKE.

Besides, $569 + $144 (for the snatch block you'll need) +$56 (for the line extension you'll need) = $769. That's only a $200 price difference... I guess that's what a brake would cost, eh? ;)

(A winch with no brake is pretty useless for lowering trucks down Guardrail, too)

·
College User
2,020 Posts
Well you dont need a snatch block, and I hope you never pull out more that 50 feet of cable. The more cable out the weaker the line pull is. Use chain or heavy rope.

·
College User
2,020 Posts
Yea I forgot to say if using a pulley. Oh well, most already knew of my incompetence.... more power less speed

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
yea i would like the overkill of a WArn 15k lb with the 24 volt conversion..(little school girl laugh) hehehehe

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
seboh said:
Well, I think you've answered your own question, then. The M12k is selling for $970 right now. That's not too bad. Figure for the price difference, you're getting 25' more cable, true 12000# pulling power, AND A BRAKE.

Besides, $569 + $144 (for the snatch block you'll need) +$56 (for the line extension you'll need) = $769. That's only a $200 price difference... I guess that's what a brake would cost, eh? ;)

(A winch with no brake is pretty useless for lowering trucks down Guardrail, too)
Yea, thats true. I'll prolly go warn. :shrug

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
gobucs1 said:
Well you dont need a snatch block, and I hope you never pull out more that 50 feet of cable. The more cable out the weaker the line pull is. Use chain or heavy rope.
Going to need a snatch block on that MM winch if it's going to be a competitive purchase with the Warn.... otherwise we might as well debate whether you should drop $1k on a Warn or $65 on a 2ton Powr-Pull hand winch from Home Depot. :D

·
College User
2,020 Posts
I will say again the warn is better, but for 630.00 shipped to my door, I cant refuse that. I am satisfied with what I have.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts