Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do not have pictures :banghead I went out today to do some things for my wife and as I pulled in the parking lot at the grocery store I see people standing outside their cars, outside the store, in the window, looking up, pointing in the sky so I look up and see the wildest thing ever

i am guessing they were military cargo planes, looks like some daniel and others have posted here before but there were 20+ of them (just the ones I saw), flying low, some in bunches of 3-4, 1-2, some alone, they spanned my whole site of view from left to right, it gave me the feeling of holy crap we're being invaded :toothless pretty awesome site, i need a cheap digital to keep in my pocket :banghead

where would that many be going at the same time?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Cool, I used to see a ton of military planes in Milwuakee it was always cool to see them

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
I work near Dobbins ARB.

We get tones of gargo planes flying over. Galaxy's, Hurkulese, the big ones.
We also get raptors, and weve been flown over by Air Force-1.

They look so low and slow, like they should fall from the sky.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
wow, that's crazy!

You know--since I met Daniel, every time i see a military plane overhead i duck and run for cover :brownbag

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
You know--since I met Daniel, every time i see a military plane overhead i duck and run for cover :brownbag
:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gacknar said:
and weve been flown over by Air Force-1.
AF1(2) does touch and goes here all the time for practice because we have a small airport and we're close

Ogeechee 4x4 said:
:histerica :toothless

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
dsotmoon said:
where would that many be going at the same time?
geee Joe, you live in VIRGINIA.....i don't think the military has anything in VIRGINIA.

I am actually dumber than you....when i was driving rigs, i had to pull my rig up to a really big mofo'in air plane that the tail cracked open on. The military wouldn't let me pull my rig on the plane, they had to have one of their drivers do it.

There i stood, watching them pull my rig onto a plane, and i had no camera, no nothing....They pulled it on, and there was still room on the plane.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bronco Rob said:
geee Joe, you live in VIRGINIA.....i don't think the military has anything in VIRGINIA.
so you understand my confusion :toothless :histerica

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Bronco Rob said:

I am actually dumber than you....when i was driving rigs, i had to pull my rig up to a really big mofo'in air plane that the tail cracked open on. The military wouldn't let me pull my rig on the plane, they had to have one of their drivers do it.

There i stood, watching them pull my rig onto a plane, and i had no camera, no nothing....They pulled it on, and there was still room on the plane.
If you thought that plane was big, check out this one:

It's the largest plane in the world, the Antonov 225.

Check out how the plane dwarfs the Surburban.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Check out the number of axles this thing has:

inside:

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
I was amazed that the plane i saw flew.......

I can't imagine these things getting off the ground......not only the suburban, look how it smurfs the fuel tanker and the crane.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
joe what kind of engines did they have? props, turbo fan, etc?

probably a training mission. One time Little Rock had 28 planes up flying a training mission at one time.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wonder how much larger that Russian plane is versus a C5?

·
Registered
136 Posts
C-5: Length – 247.1ft, Wingspan – 222.9ft, Height 65.1ft; Weights – Empty – 337,937lb, Loaded – 769,000lb, Max Takeoff Weight – 840,000

An-225: Length – 275ft, Wingspan – 290ft, Height – 59.4ft; Weights – Empty –Unknown, Max Payload – 551,150lb, Max Takeoff Weight – 1,322,750lb

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Damn that's BIG! I've been inside of a C-5 before and I couldn't imagine another plane being even longer!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts