Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my main concern is with reliabilty and usage. do both of these ones have infintie settings for amperage and wire feed? im really trying to avoid the few seetings you get to choose from on the cheaper welders.......
i dont think i can afford the 250 amp units though, as those seem to be much higher quailty.
ive used the lincoln powermig 300 quite often, and that thing rocked
i am not looking to do much alluminum wuth it.
so which is the best bang for the buck, looking for good penetration for fab and ag use.
also, anybody know whos giving the best deals on these currently?
i got about $2500 from all my D60 sales that i am looking to spend on a nice mig, and a bender with a set of 1 or 2 dies.
thanks
Zach

·
Registered
748 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience to pass onto you though, But when it came to our Farm store...the Lincolns lost. None of our customers wanted them they wanted either the Miller name or the Hobart name (which is the same obviously). Don't know if this will help you at all or not but just thought I'd throw it out there since our Lincoln lineup was discontinued last year due to its poor sales.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know the millermatic 175 has infinite voltage control, I just ordered one of them. I just looked at my miller catalog but it does not say anything about the 210 having it. You can look at there website it is www.millerwelds.com

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
ESAB.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Miller vs Lincoln = Ford vs Chevy

Yes, they're both infinite power and wire speed.

Flip a coin, or pick your favorite color...........

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im gonna go with a miller, but i have one issue.
i need a 210 or larger welder for what we need to do.
the millermatic 210 has 7 positions fo ramperage. i am not liking this.
the 251 on the other hand is infinte and i really like that, but its like a $600 difference?
so is it worth it?
the 251 is one hell of a welder, and would be kickass for my fabbing, and the farm stuff. just $1800 in a welder is a lot of $$$........

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i dropped $1,450 today. i feel broke, tommorow or monday im buying another $750 or so of special junk....
pics tommrow

·
Registered
178 Posts
So did you get the Miller 210?

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
BadassBronco said:
im gonna go with a miller, but i have one issue.
i need a 210 or larger welder for what we need to do.
the millermatic 210 has 7 positions fo ramperage. i am not liking this.
Wow, I thought the 210 was infinite.......but searched the web and you're right. Interesting.

Since I was on a budget I went with the Hobart 210. I thought it was considered a lesser model because of the power "taps" vs infinite......but my Hobart only has 6 available settings.

So I think the only reasons the Hobart is cheaper is the plastic drive motor and the M10 gun...........I think the Miller comes with an M20 gun or something?

I got my Hobart for just under $1k including shipping, so it was almost exactly $200 cheaper than the Miller 210.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

so did i get a big enough tank? the welders almost doing a wheelie. :banghead
was only $52 to fill this one vs, $49 to fill one less than hlaf its size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts