Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Never seen those before.

Very cool!

I didn't realize they would be that big. It was bigger than the atv it was racing.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
IMG, I want 1 or 2!!

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
I saw those about 3 years ago, and ever since then, I've wanted to build me one... no way in hell I'm going to pay 20-25K for one, even if I had the cash in hand. So, I've been trying to gather up the parts to build me a low-budget mini monster. I'm working a deal with BadBlueOval, for the axles off his Heap, and will need to get the rest. I think I'm going to plan on aerostar coils all around, get cheap with the links, and use the links from a 3-pt tractor setup. I thought about the same honda engine they used(and even bought one off ebay, for it), but decided I may as well go for the gusto, and get a domestic V6, preferably a Ford, so I can find me a cheap Eaton M90 supercharger for it. No, no 4WS, I'm on a serious budget, and can't afford 4wheel steering on my Bronco, much less an offroad toy

ok, back to your regularly scheduled program ...

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
davids78bronco said:
I saw those about 3 years ago, and ever since then, I've wanted to build me one... no way in hell I'm going to pay 20-25K for one, even if I had the cash in hand. So, I've been trying to gather up the parts to build me a low-budget mini monster. I'm working a deal with BadBlueOval, for the axles off his Heap, and will need to get the rest. I think I'm going to plan on aerostar coils all around, get cheap with the links, and use the links from a 3-pt tractor setup. I thought about the same honda engine they used(and even bought one off ebay, for it), but decided I may as well go for the gusto, and get a domestic V6, preferably a Ford, so I can find me a cheap Eaton M90 supercharger for it. No, no 4WS, I'm on a serious budget, and can't afford 4wheel steering on my Bronco, much less an offroad toy

ok, back to your regularly scheduled program ...
If you get real serious about a V6, I have a sweet article on a 3.8 build up, mix-and-matching parts from a windstar, mustang, and a newer F150. It had 278hp on motor alone, and 380 with a 125 shot of nitrous.

IIRC, nothing was one off. All the parts were "take off" from junk yard cars.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
those are kick-ass, i know what i want for christmas next year :rockon

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
narrowed, front jeep axles. As soon as I get my axles from BadBlueOval, I'm going to round up the rest of the parts for the suspension, then look for the engine/trans. No idea when I'll be done with it, but it'll be a fun project

·
Registered
511 Posts
davids78bronco said:
narrowed, front jeep axles. As soon as I get my axles from BadBlueOval, I'm going to round up the rest of the parts for the suspension, then look for the engine/trans. No idea when I'll be done with it, but it'll be a fun project
Did you already fab up some sort of frame? I wonder if you could BEEF up a sand rail frame somehow? What are your plans for that?:popc1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts