Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am planning on doing a little over haul to my truck but i have a few problems i need help to figure out first.

1. a few weeks ago the Speedometer and the Odometer stopped working completly and now when im driving it, it shifts wierd and the 4x4 doesnt work, i wanna know wat the hell on the whole for this

2. never any coolant in the radiator or resivour,???? but it doesnt ever run hot

3. my doors are shakng like a biotch and i wanna know how to fix that

Mainly i would like to know whats up with question 1 because this is wierd to me and is getting on my nerves the way it drives in traffic now

o yea also when i run my a/c all i get is a bunch of CO2 or watever coming inside the truck so i cant really use it

any help would greatly appreciate

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
On your 1st question, go out there check you're fuses. When I did some electrical work on my truck I popped a fuse, it killed my guages, shifted hard ect. I bet you poped a fuse also.

On the coolant, the best thing I can say do is so start out. Go fill them both up to the proper level, rad. and the bottle. Go drive it for one full day like you do a regular basis and see if you used all of that water/coolant ( unless its below freezing I recommend just water to save money (UNTIL YOU FIX IT) and if you use all of that water in 1 day.. Fill it back up to proper levels, and then start looking for leaks, radiator, bottles, hoses, ect.

Good luck, hope that mad sence.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked the fuses all are fine
and my mechanic friend form down the road checked out my engine and it looks like it might just be warn out gaskets soo im gonna include them in the overhaul

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Check this for your speedo

Check your MLSP sensor if the truck is bucking really hard. When mine went it wouldn't shift into 4WD as the transmission wasn't operating correctly.

But most of all check codes. You're computer will tell you what is wrong with your truck.

Is it the door itself rattling, or the door panel that rattles? Check your hinges. Open the door all the way. Grab the bottom corner and lift a little, if you feel a lot of play, the hinges need fixed.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
+1 for the VSS being the prob. either the vss itself of the connection.

coolant. keep it filled and find the leak. what do you mean when you say you get CO2 in the truck? getting some stank? heater core might be suspect.

doors. open them up and then tighten the bolts holding them to the body. align them first.

if you find any or all of this helpful then you will be sure to let me crash at your house for a week :toothless

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Did your speedo and Odometer COMPLETELY stop working? As in, the numbers on the odometer don't even show up anymore? If so, you have a power problem to the PSOM (speedo), or your PSOM is dead.

If the numbers on the odometer still show up, then you have a problem between the VSS/ABS sensor on your rear axle, the wiring, the ABS module where the VSS wire goes through, or still a problem with the PSOM itself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok sounds like either the MLSP Sensor or PSOM? yea the numbers on the odometer dont even come up.

ANd yea when i say CO2 i mean umm exhaust fumes everytime i use the A/C and i would like to ALWAYS use my A/C the heater has been completly disconnected because really i dont need a heater here but any help wiht the exhuast fumes problem would be cool

thanks for all the help so far on the speedo thing cuz it is confusing me but its starting to make a little sense and come together now

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you find any or all of this helpful then you will be sure to let me crash at your house for a week :toothless
lol no prob man, i wish some one from the website would come down here so they could help me with my truck then we could go to the beach afterwards:beer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts