Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm parting ways with my girl. Bought a new F-350 SuperCrew 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel so she has to go. Sorry for the looong ad, but she is definately worthy of it. It will be listed on Ebay in a week as it is currently listed for sale locally.

VEHICLE CONDITION:

This is one of the nicest 1984 Ford Full Size Broncos you will see. It is a sharp, immaculate rig, no Joe Dirt Monkey-Rigging here. I have seen a few other Full Size 84' Broncos nicer than this one, but they had over $20K invested in them and you can’t buy or build them for much less than that.

Over $16,000 invested by myself and previous owners, I have receipts for most items totaling over $10,000 to back up all parts replaced and work performed. All work was done in the last 2.5 years! It is ready to be featured on the Cover of any 4x4 magazine, as well as go Mudding, Rock Crawling, Hunting, Ranching or just Pose at Car Shows and win trophies.

If you are looking for a Rusted Out, Ragged Out, Cheap Bronco that was rode hard and put up wet, you might as well quit reading right here. If it doesn’t sell it will stay right in my driveway.

The former elderly owner started the restoration of this beautiful Bronco, but due to his untimely death didn’t finish it, so I bought it from his son off Ebay and finished what he started. I have enjoyed it for almost a year, in that time span I have only put 1,000 miles on it. This was a toy not a daily driver and the condition shows that.

This Bronco is a beast, the High Output 351W four barrel and C6 Automatic Transmission moves this 6,000lb Bronco down the road effortlessly. The deceased older gentleman (Actually his 38 yeard old son) I bought the Bronco from said the motor (Top End) was rebuilt by the second owner, that was around the time when the Cam, Carb, Intake, Headers, and Ignition were all installed. There are 22K miles on the rebuild.

There are no receipts for the rebuilt top end ( I do have receipts for the Carb, Intake, and Ignition) but I believed him as the motor is strong. The A/T shifts firm and this Bronco will do 85mph no problem and stay in one lane while doing it. It tracks true and straight, no over correcting on the steering wheel. You can even let go of the wheel while doing 75mph and it won’t run off the road. You won’t find many 7" lifted Broncos with 35's that you can feel safe doing that in. The new brake system brings the beast to a halt with no problems.

It cranks right up each and every time and is very dependable. The ride is very comfortable and the bench seat is as big as a sofa. With the top off the breeze is great and I haven’t missed the A/C yet. I removed the top a week after I got it. The top has been safely stored in my garage, it does need a repaint though. Everything works with the exception of the windshield washer nozzle (Just quit working) and driver side rear taillight. There are a couple of very small nicks in the paint and minor dings in the body in some spots. I can take additional photos of any areas on the truck that you would like.

The frame is solid and rust free. The tach, speedo (5 miles fast), and other gauges work perfectly. The horn, radio, wipers, lights, windows, and locks all work as does the vent and heater. Oil pressure is at 60psi at start up. The temp never goes above 180 degrees here in West Texas where it gets up to 110 degrees during the summer months. Voltage is always at 14. It uses no oil and has no leaks.

This Bronco was manufactured in Detroit on 10/12/1983. It is adult owned and has had a total of four adult owners in the last 20 years. It spent the first 18.5 years of it’s life in Oregon and has been in West Texas ever since. I have all ownership history info, clear title in hand, and FoMoCo supplied VIN# History and Build Sheet. I also have the FoMoCo Factory Original Owner’s Manual, Owner’s Guide, and 4-Wheeling Guide, they are in excellent shape.

I have taken it Off-Road only twice in the last year and a half, it is too nice to mess up. It's a "Poser" to me. I have both CarFax and AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports available to the buyer. CarFax has a $5,000 Guarantee that no Odometer Rollback, Flood, Salvage, Hail, Rebuilt Title, Dismantle Title, Total Loss Title, Manufacturer Buyback (Lemon), Crash Test Title, Frame Damage, Salvage Auction, Rental, Fleet, or Police/Govt Usage, Theft, Taxi, or Repossession problems exist.

All Oil Changes have been done by a local Oil Change place (Synthetic Blend). All repairs under my ownership were done by Jim Bass Ford, L&N Automotive, D&D Muffler, and Concho Valley Radiator Service. I have receipts from all of these places. Between myself and the previous three owners, I have a folder that is 2 inches thick with receipts and warranty paperwork.

I am not a mechanic and have never attempted to make any mechanical repairs on this Bronco. Don't have the time or tools to do it anyway. But I do have the money to bring it to someone who does and that's why there are receipts.

The top is presently back on the Bronco, I will get new pics and have them posted soon.

MECHANICAL:

• 153,000 CarFax Certified Original Miles
• 351W High Output V8 with 4bbl (22K on Rebuild)
• Edelbrock 600cfm #1406 Electric Choke Carb ($400)
• Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold ($350)
• Edelbrock Aluminum High Rise Air Cleaner, Oil Breather, and Valve Cover Gaskets (Engine Dress Up Kit) ($200)
• K&N Filter Charger ($50)
• Crane Cam ($240)
• Hedmann Headers ($250)
• Mallory Ignition and Rotor ($240)
• C6 3-Speed Automatic Transmission and Trans Cooler (Tranny and Torque Converter Rebuilt, I have receipts ($1,100)
• NP208 Transfer Case (Rebuilt, I have receipt ($400)
• DANA 44 TTB Front Axle
• 4:10 Gears
• No Air Conditioning. All guts are there, just needs compressor, accumulator assembly, and refrigerant
• Z Max Oil and Fuel Additive Treatment ($30)
• New Platinum Spark Plugs and Silicone 8MM Wires ($125)
• New Emissions Legal Dual Exhaust and Gaskets ($400)
• New Heavy Duty Radiator ($400)
• New Thermostat ($5)
• New Steering Box and Shaft ($200)
• New Brakes, Calipers, Drums, Shoes, Cylinders, Seals, Adjusters, Hoses, and Master Cylinder ($600)
• New Alternator ($65)
• New Fuel Filter ($10)
• New Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses ($20)
• New Belts and Gaskets ($45)
• New Regulator ($15)
• New Vacuum Chamber and Container ($50)
• New PCV Valve ($5)

SUSPENSION:

• WARN Premium Gold Locking Front Hubs ($80)
• New 35x12.50 Wild Country Radial TXR Tires ($700)
• Four Modern Brand 15x10 Aluminum Sawblade Rims ($300)
• New 15x10 Eagle 589 Spare Rim ($110) with New 35x12.50 Wild Country TXR Spare Tire ($160) Never Used!
• New U-Joints ($100)
• New Front End Alignment, Thrust Angle and 4x4 ($75)
• RANCHO 7" Lift. 4" Lift Kit (RANCHO Springs, Blocks with Pinion Angle Shims, Drop Pittman Arm, and Extended Radius Arms) and 3" Body Lift. RANCHO Steering Stabilizer, RANCHO 5-Way Adjustable Rear Shocks, RANCHO Quad Shocks in Front, Shocks were painted black by previous owner ($1,500)
• New Radius Arm Bushings and End Link Bushings ($100)
• New Spindle Hub Bearings ($200)
• New MOOG Upper and Lower Ball Joints ($460)
• Heavy Duty Factory Towing Package
• Herculined Tow Hitch ($30)

INTERIOR:

• Was originally Canyon Red, previous owner converted to Black. Seat Belts are still red.
• Rare Factory Black Vinyl Front Split Bench Seat
• Factory Black Vinyl Rear Folding/Removable Bench Seat
• Newer Style (90's) Interior Rear Quarter Panels with Cupholders, Ashtrays, and Storage Pockets ($50)
• Tilt Steering
• Two-Speed Wipers with Delay and Washer
• Power Locks
• Power Windows
• Power Rear Defrost Window
• New DVD/CD/MP3 Player with Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound Output
• Rare Lockable Hood Release
• New Clock ($25)
• New Gas, Brake, and Emergency Brake pedal pads ($30)
• New 4x4 Gear Shifter Boot ($65)
• New Jensen 6.5" Two-Way front Speakers ($30)
• New Blaupunkt 6x8 Two-Way Rear Speakers ($60)
• New Grant Padded Steering Wheel, I still have original wood grain steering wheel with cruise control ($45)
• New Fuses
• New Heater Core ($42)
• New Blower Motor ($55)
• New Black Carpet and Jute Padding ($200)
• Newer Factory Door Panels with Rare Wood Inserts and Carpet Map Pockets ($300)
• New Dash Cap ($150)
• New Sunvisors ($70)
• New Headliner ($40)
• New Harley Davidson Rubber Floor Mats ($35)
• New Factory Wood Instrument Bezel and Radio Bezel ($45)
• New Aftermarket Gauges (Oil, Water, Volts, and Vacuum) ($100)
• New Weather Stripping and Seals ($110)
• New Door Strikers ($20)
• New Ignition Switch and Shifter Grommet ($200)
• New Fire Extinguisher ($15)
• New Windshield Wiper and Headlight Knobs and Assemblies ($35)
• New Turn Signal Cams ($20)

EXTERIOR:

• New Black and Silver Paint with Clearcoat done by a local Paint and Body Shop (Washed, Waxed, Buffed, and Polished regularly) ($1,450)
• Original Factory Black Fiberglass Hardtop Included, with all mounting hardware
• New Off-Road Lights, need to be hooked up ($40)
• New Heavy Duty Tow Hooks (Two in front, two in back) ($40)
• New Custom made Diamondplate Tailgate Insert ($40)
• New Windshield Wiper Motor ($45)
• New Bulbs
• Herculined WARN Winch Grill Guard ($30)
• Herculined Swing-Away Spare Tire Carrier with Lockable Spare Tire ($30)
• Herculined Nerf Bars with Step ($30)
• Herculined Interior Tailgate ($30)
• Diamond Plate Rear Bumper
• New CB Antenna ($20)

NADA Value is $13,550 for a 20 year old Mint Condition Classic 1983 Bronco XLT without all the additional custom accessories mine has. My Mint 1984 Bronco will be a 20 year old Classic in a month and a half. Over $16K invested, over $10K in receipts for parts and repairs. I consider it one of the nicest 1984's in the world.

I'm asking $11,500 and I am open to all reasonable offers.

I'm centrally located in Texas and shipping would run no more than $1,000 to anywhere in the Continental US. If you are interested I will do a sale on Ebay to protect your interest if you are so inclined before I actually list it next week. My wife and I both have excellent 100% feedback on Ebay and have bought and sold cars on Ebay in the past.

Steve Hughes
San Angelo, Texas 76901
(325) 486-1122
(325) 374-7326
[email protected]

If you call or email mention the Bronco as I have a SuperCharged 2003 Harley Davidson SuperCrew F-150 for sale locally. Here is a link to that truck with pics,

http://nhtoc.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6612

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, sell the wife!

I've been in your shoes before, in the past I've seen a couple of showroom condition, super low mileage 77-80' Bandit TA's on Ebay that I almost robbed a bank to buy.

Woulda' sold my left nut to buy one of those cars had someone wanted it.

:thumbup

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had fun with it. I like buying them (cars), having some fun with them, and fixing them up. It's time for someone else to enjoy it. I don't wheel it enough anyway and if I keep it I will sink another $10K into it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ad will get spruced up some more for Ebay. :thumbup

I sold a very rare restored MINT 1955 Chevy Cameo PickUp on Ebay last Winter and had people emailing and calling asking me to end the auction early. My phone rang off the frigging hook and my email inbox was flooded.

I ended up selling it to a guy in Washington State and ending the auction early. That ad/auction was NICE. The Bronco will get the same treatment the 55' Cameo did.

I just wish I had sent pics to all the 4x4 mags in the past year in the hopes of getting a layout/feature because I am sick of seeing Baby Broncos in all the mags.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
huze24 said:
I've been in your shoes before, in the past I've seen a couple of showroom condition, super low mileage 77-80' Bandit TA's on Ebay that I almost robbed a bank to buy.

Woulda' sold my left nut to buy one of those cars had someone wanted it.

:thumbup
Thats my dream someday to !! Im gona have me a Black bandit T/A one of these days :thumbup
Buy the way, nice rig :thumbup good luck, bet you will miss it :cry

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thats one nice rig, i wish you were in Oregon i want to see that in person.

And how do you like that herculiner? Did you do it your self? I was thinking about ripping out my carpet and doing that.
-david

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
david,

My rig came from Oregon! I have TONS of receipts from shops, Ford dealers, and parts houses up there.

Yeah the Herculiner was easy, I like it. You just have to prep the surface to be painted really well. I bought some Non-Toxic liquid paint etcher at Lowe's that primed the surface before I applied the Herculiner.

Use a paint mixer drill bit to stir the contents and keep all the rubber bits mixed properly as they sink to the bottom of the can. It is a thick mixture and goes on well with the roller. I bought the whole kit at AutoZone that included the prep pad, can opener, can of Herculiner, and roller with brushes.

It was $80 for the kit with a $20 Manufacturer Rebate. I did my front grill guard, nerf bars, rear bumper tow hitch, spare tire carrier, and inside tailgate and still had a 1/3 of the can left.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bronco Driver Magazine just emailed me and said they are putting it in next month's (December) issue. That issue should be out December 1st. I also have a For Sale Ad placed in that issue as well. :thumbup

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blaze,

Thanks! Turned a real handsome profit too. :thumbup

Marauder,

You bet! Gave him the old issues of Bronco Driver magazine too! I'm keeping the December issue of that mag that my old Bronco will be in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts