Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frig its cold out! -30 with the wind chill

Stupid car lost heat on the way to work, drove it home at lunch and traded for the bronco that hasn't been started and is buried by the last 2 snow falls. She turned over really slow but started with a scream, took 5 mins just for the engine to idle smooth again, PS screamed all the way to work. Those leather seats become block of ice in this temperature so I was frozen to the core time I got back to work.

Thats all.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Dang..and I was fussin about the fact that it was 14 deg F out this morning and our wood stove wasn't keepin up...:toothless

Sawright..only supposed to last fer a day more adn back above freezing at night. phhhbbbbttt

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
61*F in PHX. Fawk you! :toothless

It was down in the single digits this morning... I don't know HOW cold it was, I just know it was in the single digits, because at some point during the night/early morning, the old flip-digit sign out in front of one of the banks I drive by froze up and stayed there. :toothless

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
It was a comfy 70 today. Bit windy thou :goodfinge

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Yeah, but when yall are sweating in the 100's I bet this thread will be revered. 7 degrees at waking hours this moorning, I miss my Virginia wether, hell I just miss VA.....

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Sounds like you could use this DIY heated seat project. If I didn't live in the south I would have already done it, cold seats suck.

edit: and I don't want to hear about your snow, we damn near had a record snow fall the other day. I measured it at 3/8"!:toothless Any deeper and it would have been deeper than the tread on my tires, I don't know what I would have done then.;)

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a look at the car, looks like the thermostat must be stuck open. I also took a moment to look at the bronco and even though the brakes and PS worked fine the fluid was way low. Didn't see any leaks either so I assume the winch bleed out some air when I used it over the holidays. I topped it up and ran into the house

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Wow that sucks....it was about 30 when I went to work this morning, got to about 60. We havnt had winter like this in about 3 years. But GA weather is hell, last week it was 79.....

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
My air compressor in the garage was so cold that it was blowing breakers (oil too thick). I put a 60w light bulb on it to warm it up. That did it.

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boss, I think I would die. Instantly. I hates me some cold.
My soft leather coat is not so soft at this temp, it sounds like a plastic bag.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It was like -20 the other night here....the night I pulled my Bronco from the garage and swapped on the 35s...that sucked....I then blew my upper rad hose driving to get an alignment....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts