Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken off their doors and relocated the side mirrors elsewhere? If so, where?

Also, once the doors are gone i have no speakers(i don't have any interior in the truck besides seats and dash so i have no rear speakers), so i was thinking about building a locking center console out of a heavy duty waterproof rubbermaid, and and mounting marine speakers and head unit in it, and running the power to my battery(in the style of one of those ice chest radios people make). I am fairly experienced in car audio so i don't foresee any problems with that part, unless i'm missing something.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Build half doors. Then you have a place for your mirrors.

Seriously.

Search "half doors" and you'll find some good info on building them AND on why you should, instead of running doorless.

I am interested to see what you come up with on the center console thing. Quite a few guys here have made some pretty trick center consoles out of wood and metal. You can search that too. Some guys have even posted their plans with dimensions so you can easily copy it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm looking very hard into half doors, i just don't weld or have a saws-all or the like so i will have to enlist some help. I will def post my build for the center console, but it will have to wait until i sell my other car to have the money.

Does anyone's girlfriend need a Scion TC? (yes, i had a chick car before my bronco):doh0715:

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
If you're experienced in audio I would expect you to understand how crappy speakers would sound mounted to some rubbermaid container. Don't go ghetto. You can build a custom center console in a day with some mdf and automotive carpet.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
i'm looking very hard into half doors, i just don't weld or have a saws-all or the like so i will have to enlist some help. I will def post my build for the center console, but it will have to wait until i sell my other car to have the money.

Does anyone's girlfriend need a Scion TC? (yes, i had a chick car before my bronco):doh0715:
I may have a solution for you::thumbup $450 plus shipping includes a place to mount the mirror

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Hey Hefty, can you weld some tabs on those to mount some speakers too?? LOL

JK - nice looking tube doors.
Thats actually really funny. The guys on the landcruiser forum are actually asking for speaker mounts. I figured I'd add in the power window switch too for that luxury feel. When you push the button the new tube door speakers would yell "HEY DUMB ASS, what did you expect to happen":goodfinge

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im no that worried about sound quality, my bronco basically has zero amenities, it would just be nice to have some sort of music. Plus, im talking about heavy duty storage containers, much like an offshore style ice chest, which they make into stereos all the time and sound fine.

Hefty-will def consider once my other vehicle sells.

So no one has relocated their side mirrors without adding half doors?

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts