Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a PCM for a '94' 5'8...Catch Code is KID2...miesk mentioned a WAY1 would work for the 5.8 but would need tuning.

Don't know how hard of an item this will be to locate but starting the search here. Thanks

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,133 Posts
@leatherneck, you can only run the WAY1 EEC if you have MAF..I'm, assuming your '94 5.8 is SD, so you'll need to stick with the same style EEC.

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
799 Posts
I have one from my 92. It looks bad on the outside but it worked when I pulled it.

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, BW1356 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears, 31x10.5 Kenda A/T
905 Posts
The one I was able to check is A2Z2. 5.8 e4od w cruise. Out of my ballpark for compatibility. Sorry

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
799 Posts
Mines a A2Z1. Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood String instrument String instrument accessory Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Composite material Paint Handwriting Road surface Wood Font Wall

Reactions: leatherneck

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@leatherneck, you can only run the WAY1 EEC if you have MAF..I'm, assuming your '94 5.8 is SD, so you'll need to stick with the same style EEC.
Col., mine doesn't have MAF...05/94 DOM but I think later on in '94' they did have MAF.
That is one of the features I want to add though.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,133 Posts
Col., mine doesn't have MAF...05/94 DOM but I think later on in '94' they did have MAF.
That is one of the features I want to add though.
Sure you could always do a MAF swap. For that you'd need the MAF meter, the injector harness overlay and then the correct EEC which would in your case be either a VEX1 or WAY1. A company called fiveology racing used to sell these..Don't know if they're still in business or not and there may be other sources..

The big question is, are you planning on any major upgrades to the engine? Things like heads, cam, intake, injectors? Most people do the swap so they're able to use a tuner after doing the upgrades..something like a tweecer or quarterhorse..Don't get me wrong, you can do the MAF as a standalone and it improves some of the driveability characteristics, but it may not be worth it in your case. Just my .02..carry on.

Reactions: leatherneck

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Stinger Performance is what I am using. You don't need a MAF for theirs it uses and internal Map sensor. The best part is the stuff it in a factory PCM box and it goes in the factory location. Full sequential capability if you add the second HEGO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts