Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upped my jets two sizes about two months because I was running real lean. I haven't changed the plugs yet, and I also haven't driven it much. These are what four of them look like now. I think they're still a little too white. I'm going to be retuning my carb, but am picking up new plugs first. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah they look like they're on the lean side a bit.

Curious... Does your truck overheat at all?

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently it does not overheat. I did finally take it for a highway run and it was around 200 the whole time. Since I didn't change the plugs after upping the jets last time and I've only driven a couple of hundred miles are the plus giving me an accurate reading for the jets I currently have on? Here's how the whole thing started...

I bought a Holley 670 Truck Avenger carb. Evern time I would hit the gas in gear I got stalling problems. I upped the pump discharge nozzle from 29 to 35 and that made some difference. Holley recommended upping the jets, so I upped the jets two sizes. I'm now running 70 jets. The engine is a 351W bored .030 over with the stock stroke. I still every once in a while get a slight hesitation. Maybe I do need to go up one or two more jet sizes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts