Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres my situation. i just got my bronco a few weeks ago and the 2nd day drivin it the tranny started slippin. I been drivin it like that until yesterday when after reading through the forum and saw that changing the MLPS might help. It was slipping in 3rd-OD randomly. sometimes it shifted fine other i had to pull over and put my way with my hazards on it was so bad. I also shook real bad after 50mph. So yesterday i got the sensor from Ford for $89 and took my time last night making sure it was done correctly. I went through the tranny access panel in the cab and it made it way easier than tackling it from underneath. Well i put it on and crossed my fingers when i went to work this morning. EUREKA!!!! drove all day like a champ!! shifted smooth as butter, ran better, less shaking(need to replace my tie rods) But i can tell you all that if you think your trannys shot try replacing the MLPS first. it saved me a big chunk of dough! Im still stalling in reverse though....any suggestions as to why. Well im happy for now and glad shes runnin good, now anyone round Jackson Nj wanna go wheelin or fishin????

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Drop the pan and check the filter. I've heard they have a tendency to come off. I think theres a TSB on that around here if you do some searching. I believe that stalling in reverse is a symptom of the filter falling off. :thumbup

KC

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Testing is much cheaper than throwing parts at a problem and praying for the best. . . but I am glad your shifting troubles were alleviated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts