Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where I can get one of these new other than the dealer, Mine has water coming out of it and exihibits the signs of one that is no good so it's time to get a new one.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've heard of people getting them at NAPA for like $45ish... but they have them under a different name. Like Neutral safety switch (or something like that.).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Million$dragon said:
I've heard of people getting them at NAPA for like $45ish... but they have them under a different name. Like Neutral safety switch (or something like that.).
Hmm that would be nice, Is the one from NAPA a Ford part? Does anyone have a part number for the one at NAPA? Thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stangmata50l said:
Has it acted up at all? If so, I have a used one off of my 95' that I'll sell ya cheap. PM me if you are interested.

BTW, i think the only place you can buy a NEW one is from the Ford Dealer...and you are looking at at least $100.
Yea when it rains it acts up, So I am assuming when it gets wet. I was planning on buying a new one but if I can't get one for under 100 then I will knmow where to go, But would the one off a 95 have the adapter that I have read about that I would get if I bought a new one from Ford?

·
Banned
22,393 Posts
Yes, NAPA has them, and yes, it's probably listed as a NSS, which is the same as a DTR or backup light switch (for this application). The NAPA one is at least as good as the Motorcraft part. I put one on Mom's MGM several years ago.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Rock Auto has the MLPS (labeled neutral safety switch) for about $35.....like Steve said it is also called "back up light switch".

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
I agree with Steve, the NAPA one is just as good as the Ford one.....I would stay away from buying cheap electronic parts from the other parts stores......

Good Luck & also as 'Stang mentioned, check out your connection on the solenoid pak......Your MLPS is most likely cracked and thats why water is getting in there.

I sealed mine after installing it with silicone....Just to keep the mud and water out....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts