Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the bumper is finally done. It took a long time but it turned out REALLY well. I love it. I cant say enough thanks to Dave's 90 Bronc. I learned a lot needless to say. Dave did pretty much everything on the bumper and it turned out great. Also, thanks Magnumpi for comming over and helping out too :beer

Since this is a continuation of another thread I will just add the link here if you would like to see how it started out.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41056&highlight=bumper

Now pictures.

Grinding done on the bumper.

Tell me this is not nice welding. Looks like one peice of steel.

Me and Magnumpi doing a little grinding on the frame horns.

Complete for right now. I need to grind it some, then paint it.I need to go get some flat bar after christmas and we are going to fill in the awkward gap with it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Looks good. What made you decide on a stinger? Do you have a side view?
Can't wait to see it all done! :rockon
-Casey

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
thats pretty awesome, i havent looked thru the other thread yet but why so high on the tube?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look of poision spyder "stinger" tube bumpers and I wanted to combine the high hoop look with the look of my rear, big mike, bumper. I think I achieved a good look. ARB bumpers are too bulky for my liking and tubing bumpers leave a lot open on a bronco and to have 2 hoops bent was A LOT since I am a kid and a custom shop had to do it.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
What did you do for frame mounts? Some pics would be nice. I'd pull the little black deflectors off and fill the gap without them it'll look cleaner

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I will get more pictures tomorrow probably. I had to use my sisters camera and the card was full after 3 pictures. The brackets are simple and worked out good. I am leaving that valence on, the flatbar will cover it and give it a better deck and cover it up.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
git some paint on that bare steel man.....you'll end up with a ton of surface rust.

Looks good man, but just out of curiosity, what does the tube do?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bronco Rob said:
git some paint on that bare steel man.....you'll end up with a ton of surface rust.

Looks good man, but just out of curiosity, what does the tube do?
Protect my grill, pull myself up onto the bumper, and I intend to add a little peice of tubing near the top inside the tubing and mounting 2 more lights up on there. Oh and it looks cool too :goodfinge

I will deffinatly be putting a coat of paint on before I head back to Salt-Town aka. Boone NC.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
ok dont shoot me but I dont like it, something about that combination dosent flow right with the truck. that stinger is just too big. I like the main bumper stlye but the stinger ruin's it entirely.

oh and your grinder made your welds look better, I want to see them before grinding :goodfinge

thats just my 2 cents man......

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I'm not really liking it either. The angled back portions dont really line up with the grill, the gap between the radiator and bumper is awful and the stinger is well I dont even know what it is besides ugly

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
I think if your lowered that hoop and kicked it out towards the front more it would help the look, also you do need to raise the bumper to fill that gap too.

I hope you dont take your ball and go home cause of the constructive critizism :goodfinge

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, the angled back portions line up perfectly with the grill.

And that hoop is angled forward.

Like I said 2 times before, I am getting flat bar and we are going to close up gaps :goodfinge

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Marauder said:
Protect my grill, pull myself up onto the bumper, and I intend to add a little peice of tubing near the top inside the tubing and mounting 2 more lights up on there. Oh and it looks cool too :goodfinge

I will deffinatly be putting a coat of paint on before I head back to Salt-Town aka. Boone NC.

Bronze it and get some strippers to dance on your bumper.

In my lame ass opinion.....i don't think it's going to do much for protecting your grill, and i wouldn't of taken it so high above the hood. It's kind of much just to be a light bar too. I like the basic bumper. The stinger is different, thats kind of why i kind of like it, just want to see what it looks like when it's completely done, prior to finalizing my opinion.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
To me it looks like when someone is trying to touch their tounge to the tip of their nose. That's the best description I could come up with.

But really, the only thing I can focus on is the gap between the bottom grill and the top of the bumper. I'm interested to see how it turns out when that is filled in.

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
I think it looks good, but I would lose the pipe. I checked out your other thread and it looks like you ran those lugs right through the bumper, good stuff.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
the problem with the gap is he is using 3x6" tubing. well the frame is 6" tall and there is another 4" to the bottom of the grill/body line. you could raise the bumper up but then would have to cut the bottom of the frame to match, this would reduce your mounting area and also be visually tacky. my frame has something similar to this but my bumper is built out of tube and built around the frame rails so it flows.

only option I can see is using bigger tubing but then you got a huge chunk of steel hanging off of the front end. not to mention it might look goofy.

I have been chatting with mararader via IM and we came up with a couple of differnt ideas that might flow a little better.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Dustin said:
the problem with the gap is he is using 3x6" tubing. well the frame is 6" tall and there is another 4" to the bottom of the grill/body line. you could raise the bumper up but then would have to cut the bottom of the frame to match, this woudl reduce your mounting area and also be visially tacky. my frame has something similar to this but my bumper is built out of tube and built around the frame rails so it flows.

only option I can see is using bigger tubing but then you got a huge chunk of steel hanging off of the front end. not to mention it might look goofy.

I have been chatting with mararader via IM and we came up with a couple of differnt ideas that might flow a little better.
Supermod to the rescue.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts