Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there for anyone that wants to make the trip. Myself and a couple friends are heading to Moab the afternoon of May 2nd thru May 5th if anyone is interested in meeting up for a few good runs. I am planning on doing the Good Day/Trifecta run one day, but not sure of the others that we will run at this time. I should have the remainder finalized in the next week. Should be a good time if you want to join us. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just throwing this out there for anyone that wants to make the trip. Myself and a couple friends are heading to Moab the afternoon of May 2nd thru May 5th if anyone is interested in meeting up for a few good runs. I am planning on doing the Good Day/Trifecta run one day, but not sure of the others that we will run at this time. I should have the remainder finalized in the next week. Should be a good time if you want to join us. Let me know if your interested.

Through the magic of the internet, I now know who you are on Facebook... lol saw you post this in a group there. Unfortunately gotta work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Through the magic of the internet, I now know who you are on Facebook... lol saw you post this in a group there. Unfortunately gotta work...
Yes, the magic of the internet. :) To bad you can't go. Maybe next time, I am planning on doing another trip in October, so maybe you can make that one.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,750 Posts
I wish I could, but I won't be able to tidy up the truck in time. End of May, sure. Hit me up in October –*maybe I can make a trip then!

Moab is on my hit list, so I plan on making it happen soon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could, but I won't be able to tidy up the truck in time. End of May, sure. Hit me up in October –*maybe I can make a trip then!

Moab is on my hit list, so I plan on making it happen soon.
No worries, I will post another thread for the October trip sometime early September.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moab is booked and I will even be there for some of Bronco Safari, not that I will be in any of the groups, but I will see a lot of Bronco, and may even run into some of the groups while making my trail runs. I am so excited I can't hardly contain myself. It is almost like being a kid at Christmas. :) Can't wait to see how my rig performs. I will post up pics when I get back from Moab.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moab was a blast to say the least. My rig performed well and I was happy with everything. Part of my plan for this trip was to identify any weaknesses and add fixes to my list. The front Detroit Tru-Trac was flawless, but did notice on some of my vids that the rear LSD did not alway give me full grip in some instances. A selectable locker like the OX, that I ultimately want, would have been far superior and would have made some of the obstacles much easier, but over all I was very happy with the BKO. I ran Fins-& Things, and Hell's Revenge the first day just to warm up and get used to my rig. The next day we ran the Trifecta, which is Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim. This was an 11 hour day of rock crawling, and nothing but fun. The first day on Fins & Things, I pushed the limit of my rig on a very steep slick rock, dragging the rear bumper hard into the approach and the subsequent climb attempt was unsuccessful, resulting in a hard return onto the left rear center of the bumper, which tweaked it a bit. Needless to say, on Gold Bar Rim the next day I successfully correct the bent bumper while dragging it down a 6 or 8 foot long steep shoot of small ledges, taking back to almost perfect shape. I did put a decent dent in my gas tank on the Gold Bar Rim waterfall and ended up high centered on the tank requiring having to be winched off the massive rock. The only other damage was to my tail light and quarter on the passenger side when my tire slid off the wall going up Hell's Gate, but it was only a little scratch in each, but I was able to drive out without any issues.
I will post up a bunch of pics and videos over the next day or so.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some teaser pics from the trip. I will post up more pics and some vids in the next few days. I have been kind of busy as my commuter car was stolen the other day from my work parking lot.

I think I have good enough flex. Now on to rock sliders, bumper and a winch. :)

·
--------------
4,057 Posts
Very good stuff here @Calspecial it looked like a fun trip.

Have you seen the Planning going on for Moab in 2019?

It would be cool to have some of the "Mountain States" folks show up for this also,
After all it IS Y'alls Backyard...

Later,
Dragon

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very good stuff here @Calspecial it looked like a fun trip.

Have you seen the Planning going on for Moab in 2019?

It would be cool to have some of the "Mountain States" folks show up for this also,
After all it IS Y'alls Backyard...

Later,
Dragon
Dragon, I am interested in that trip as well. I did put down that I would be tentative at this point as I may by changing jobs, so I have to see what happens there before I can fully commit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts