Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a LOT of reading and researching I have decided to go with the QH over Tweecer. I have already bought the QH from Moates, the BE and EA from Clint with the hardware license and I just ordered the Innovate MTX-L Wideband. All I also have the .bin (tune) file and all I need is to buy the strategy file from Adam which I will be speaking to him tonight. Just like Jermil I will be taking pictures and documenting every step of this from installing the QH to the WB to the actual installation of the BE and EA on my laptop. If anyone wants me to documents anything specific let me know before hand. I have not yet received anything but I'm sure it will all be here by next year...:rockon

EDIT: 4:35pm EST - Just got off the phone with Adam, he is working on converting the strategy that I need as well as all the others to BE 2012 since it just came out. He says that I'm one of 5 people waiting on the AGANF strategy since it is the most common strategy being used for tuning in cars from 1996-2004.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looky what Santa brought me today....I guess I was a good boy since I'm getting it early...

I'm waiting for my BE/EA dongle to arrive so I can start playing with this.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got more goodies from Santa in today...

This is the hardware dongle for BE/EA to run BE/EA on any PC I want. I go through computers a lot...since I'm a geek and all...lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you explain what that does, cause if it does what I think then it will let be be registered on any computer as long as that thingy is plugged in? Do tell

·
Registered
101 Posts
its nothing more than a key for your computer to open and use the software. Its called a dongle

Poorboys..looks like you got BE 2012..did Adam send you the Def file yet?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you explain what that does, cause if it does what I think then it will let be be registered on any computer as long as that thingy is plugged in? Do tell
It's exactly what you think. It's a dongle for BE. When BE is opened on any PC it will look for the dongle which has my registration info and will let me use the software.

Poorboys..looks like you got BE 2012..did Adam send you the Def file yet?
Yeah, it's BE2012. Adam has not sent me the file yet. Last I spoke to him he was working on the AGANF strategy and I would give him a call sometime after the 27th to get the strategy. In the meantime I researching and learning as well documenting everything I do as well as figuring out where I'm putting the QH in the truck. Everything will be documented with screen capture videos of software installation as well as pictures of installation onto the truck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where and how much and do they install themselves? come with software?
Software is downloaded from Clint Garritys site, it's costs $200 and it's a USB dongle, plugs into the USB port of any PC. If you don't know what a USB is than I can't help you...lol

Here's the Software download page:

http://www.eecanalyzer.net/DocMan/GuestOut.php

Here's the registration keys page. This is where you choose what you want, either software registration or hardware registration (dongle like I got) and what tuner and WB you are going with.

http://www.eecanalyzer.net/shop/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Software is downloaded from Clint Garritys site, it's costs $200 and it's a USB dongle, plugs into the USB port of any PC. If you don't know what a USB is than I can't help you...lol

Here's the Software download page:

http://www.eecanalyzer.net/DocMan/GuestOut.php

Here's the registration keys page. This is where you choose what you want, either software registration or hardware registration (dongle like I got) and what tuner and WB you are going with.

http://www.eecanalyzer.net/shop/
I already have BE and EA, are you saying that the dongle costs 200 bucks? Thats a lot of coin

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already have BE and EA, are you saying that the dongle costs 200 bucks? Thats a lot of coin

I'm new to the tuning scene and have never owned any of the previous versions of BE so I don't know if they had a "hardware" dongle option. I just bought BE2012 and since it had the dongle option I went with it. I've owned 3 different laptops this year so I wanted something I could transfer easily without downtime. To have a registered copy of BE2012 with a dongle costs $200. You can downoad BE for free and mess with tunes but it will not let you upload anything from what I understand so you would need a software or hardware license.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
BE2012 is the first version to offer a "dongle" to transfer to any computer. Before that to "transfer" BE you had to send a request to get a new code for your new computer, and it was not reversabled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so how is the project going? following along...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Project going well. I installed the QH on the truck, got BE all loaded with the correct drivers for the QH and Innovate wideband. I still have to install the wideband as I'm having a 3" single exhaust with a magnaflow muffler dumping right before the rear axle. So when I get that done wideband will go it and then I will be tuning. I already got the strategy file from Adam and basically just waiting on exhaust to be done.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
It will be interesting to see how close your a/f ratio is to stoich before you start tuning....see how well the factory o2s are working

·
Registered
295 Posts
Any updates on this? How easy was the QH to install in the ECM? No problems bending the resister over to fit?
What resistor are you referring to? I don't recall having any issues when installing my Moates, it was easy. I also don't recall any resistors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts