Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 xlt 351 k and n fipk flowmaster 40 series exh ford racing 9mm wires,cap,rotor, motorcraft plugs.

This is what im looking at getting:

Cam-Brand? whats the best bang for your buck

Throttle body- worth it? what bore is stock??

Headers- Which ones? shortys?

Underdrive pulleys- Do they really do anything or is it a waste of 60 bucks??

E-fans- wanna do these, whats the best kit i would do a fab myself but im in a small town til march and need a kit.

Chip- superchip or hypertech, worth the money??

those of you who have these mods or know about them lemme know what you think of them
Thanks
Joey

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well... I will give you as much info as I can...

1: cam... on the 351W the stock cam is not all that bad... it can happily feed stock intake and heads... Its a lot of work to change, and probably for not that big of gain by its self...

2: TB... dont bother... again, not the weak link... is a good mod when combined with heads, cam, intake, exhaust mods....

3:Big yes on this one... I have gone with BBKs twice... on my 302, and the 351W I just finished... loved both sets!! would highly recomend lock bolts for them too!!

4:Are a good power upgrade, but slow down accesories... alternater charges less... PS pump turns slower... I had mine for 3 weeks... truck ran hotter, was harder to steer and alt gauge went way down with off road lights on... these work better on 2wd trucks... on a true 4X4, dont bother...

5:E fans are a good mod... dont have them so wont advise on a kit..

6: Chip... good mod... more power... I will be doing a superchip to top my combo off soon...

hope this all helps...
Bob

·
Try it now!!
9,120 Posts
da94broncodude said:
Underdrive pulleys- Do they really do anything or is it a waste of 60 bucks??

E-fans- wanna do these, whats the best kit i would do a fab myself but im in a small town til march and need a kit.

those of you who have these mods or know about them lemme know what you think of them
Thanks
Joey
Hey Joey:

Pulleys: On a Bronco you pretty much want all the accessory power you can muster, so slowing them down will hurt you overall. You might gain a few HP but losing power steering pressure with the crappy stock pump, or losing amperage capacity with the crappy stock alternator. Most of our operation is at lower RPM where pulley speed is not maxed out anyway, so I'd stay away from pulleys.

E fans are a great mod. You dont need a kit. There really is no kit anyway. A E fan setup consists of a thermal switch (thermostat) and a relay. The thermal switch is usually called a fan controller. It's adjustable and expensive ones have provisions for 2 speeds, AC inputs to turn the fans on with the AC, blah blah.

Check out my writeup here.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40564

You can do it in one afternoon for very cheap using a Taurus or Thunderbird fan.

-Will

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah my only problem on doing the efan myself is getting the stuff, im in laramie wyoming and theres one junkyard i think and they pull it so id imagine theyd charge more..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts