Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting hung up on my sliders a couple of times last year, I'd been thinking about doing a mild boatside/rocker cut. Started out by cutting along the lower body line. This was a royal pain to do. Came out in many pieces.

Before

After

Was going to use some 3/16th 2x4 I had left over but after cutting, looks like 2x6 will work better. Glad I kept the sliders of my wife's Yukon. I'll have to shorten them a bit.

I'm hoping to put 3-4 sloped legs and then cover them with cutting board material.

·
ford freak
731 Posts
looks good! I like the how you kept the lines while still taking a substantial amount out. can you take a pic angled up towards the floor pan to give us some perspective?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,781 Posts
Wow! Then I thought about it for a second; how did you seal up the door jamb/floor? Some time during summer, I'm heading up to your place. I always say this, but I'm serious. We can go wheel with Steve after the makeover.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That looks great. Can you get more pics? What does the interior look like?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Worked on it a bit today. Spent forever cutting the brackets and such off the old Yukon sliders. Started fitting the 2x6 up to the body. Alot of grinding/cutting here and there. I was able to push them in quite a bit. They are just even with the outside edge of the door.

Here is underneath looking up

Slider pretty much fitted in place. I'm going to cap it off and put the slider bar on before welding it in place.

This part is slow moving. First one always takes the longest. I'll be able to make more precise cuts on the drivers side.

·
Registered
272 Posts
All your change is gonna fall out. lol

Have you had yourself locked in from deformation of the sliders? Hence this change? or just sick of pounding in back in shape?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kind of both. I had the top of a BF rock get stuck up between the legs of my sliders and got wedged pretty good. I've also landed pretty hard on the sliders several times and from the looks of it, about half the time I would of cleared them with the new setup.

Should be easy to rinse out now :toothless

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Looks good. Did you have to trim part of the door off or did I miss that? Isn't there just a really small lip on the door?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cut it on the lower body line. On the inside, the cut came right along the bottom of the door map pocket. You can really see it with the before and after pics above.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts