Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, I just picked up a '84 Bronco. 351W, tranfer case rebuild @ 120K miles, now has 122K, good brakes, decent tires. Needs morework than I thought originally. Hopefully, you can help me decide what I got myself into.

1. Today the rear glass got stuck down...went up/down great before the purchase. Now I have no clue on how to get window up...need help!!!

2. Highbeams don't work...checked bulb & dimmer switch on floor & no dice

3. Right rear turn signal/brake light out...replaced bulb & nothing

4. Notice oil leak not sure from where yet just praying it's managable.

5. Starter hung up on me once and grinded flywheel, no problems ever since.

Engine runs great though, 4x4 works....

I purchased it for a winter vehicle, hoping to gradually work on til I can make it my daily driver...but may have gotten a little caught up on fact that I always wanted a Bronco.

Help please!!! Thanks in advance.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Project'84 said:
use a REAL good degreaser on the engine and get it cleaned off real good, then try to figure out where its coming from.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
1) open access panel in the tail gate and see if the window fell of track and check the motor
2) get a tester and trace the wiring or just rewire
3) see #2
4) see andy's reply

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
:lolup hahaha, welcome to the world of the Bronco :thumbup

I'll tell ya right now .. if ya aren't willing to work on it, get rid of it ... the power windows go out (my rear went down and stayed down, my drivers side doesn't move and the passenger side goes down-up with some pliers and pushing...they have been replaced with hand crank doors..my tailgate is being replaced with wood and and a lucite window) , the gas milage sucks- always has.

They get tempermental if ya don't keep up with them.... ya gotta love it or hate it :shrug

We are like horse people (pardon the pun .. horse/Bronco) ya gotta love them to keep them because they are alotta work and you have to enjoy the effort :beer

if you use the search function up on the top right, I am sure you can get many answers you need if you look hard enough :cool:

G

·
Project'84 said:
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, I just picked up a '84 Bronco. 351W, tranfer case rebuild @ 120K miles, now has 122K, good brakes, decent tires. Needs morework than I thought originally. Hopefully, you can help me decide what I got myself into.

1. Today the rear glass got stuck down...went up/down great before the purchase. Now I have no clue on how to get window up...need help!!!

2. Highbeams don't work...checked bulb & dimmer switch on floor & no dice

3. Right rear turn signal/brake light out...replaced bulb & nothing

5. Starter hung up on me once and grinded flywheel, no problems ever since.

Engine runs great though, 4x4 works....

I purchased it for a winter vehicle, hoping to gradually work on til I can make it my daily driver...but may have gotten a little caught up on fact that I always wanted a Bronco.

Help please!!! Thanks in advance.
dont sweat it man, we've all been there (atleast i hope!) but damagers right, you gotta have the love for it to keep it... i hated mine every day when it wasnt goin smooth, but now that its all fixed up, i couldnt of asked for something better... give it time, it'll grow on you - beLIEVE me... good luck:thumbup - kenny

·
Registered
748 Posts
Those problems really aren't all that bad. If you're going to use it as winter transportation then you may want to work out No. 1 first. Then the next two on your list for legality and safety reasons. If the drivetrain is in good shape then you're on the right track. Things can happen to a truck in the span of 20 yrs. Just make sure that there's always enough oil in the truck and you should be good...unless the problem is worse then you make it out to be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks...been using search feature and hopefully my rear window prob is the safety thing on driver side latch.

I guess I was just venting...my daily driver now is a Mustang...So I like horses...and I love it when it running strong and hate it when it acts up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts