Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

221 - 240 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #226

The rear brakes are still driving me crazy! I think plan C may be the one thou, I'll share the path I am traveling once I have corrected the problem but until then it will have to remain a mystery to you! I did get the new hubs in last night thou! Aren't they sexy......

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #229

So the source of my frustration has been remedied! I was having difficulty figuring the correct spacing for the brackets that came with the rear disc brake conversion kit from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. No matter how many times I tried I could not get the caliper centered on the rotor, Until I lost all hope and put the death wheel on my grinder!

I cut 1 mounting bolt hole off the base plate to allow it to slip over the axle tube so I could mount it to the back side of the mounting plate welded tot he axle tube. Having done this I also had to clearance these mounting bolts on the actual caliper bracket.

Needless to say the direction said nothing of this, but I guess if you can't figure it out you really shouldn't be installing a disc brake kit in the first place.

https://youtu.be/V9Jpk7W0QRY

A short video of the drivers side going on once I figured out the correct spacing on the brackets! Brakes are done! Well OK maybe not entirely I need to complete the rear brake lines and bleed everything out then the brakes will be done!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #230

Actually got a good bit completed over the weekend! The steering is complete and all back together, the track bar is mounted in place with new bushings and the front winch is bolted in place! Not to mention I started to clean up a little bit! It is slow progress but steadily moving forward!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Not sure if I ever saw someone mount a winch before the motor. But since you got one in front and one in back, who needs a motor?
Rich, I've never been one to follow a conventional theory of operation! Besides the engine is still nestled between the fenders of the parts truck. I have decided to use the 302 FI in this build, Eventually it will be replaced by a Cummins but not right now.;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
looks great. sorry about the acident. thats awesome that you have access to a forklift. love that you did a frame off. hope to be able to do that on my next build. after the current bronco build, that is... would like to add though if you go wheeling in that thing and hiit a big bump and hit your head on that overhead console... ouch

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
looks great. sorry about the acident. thats awesome that you have access to a forklift. love that you did a frame off. hope to be able to do that on my next build. after the current bronco build, that is... would like to add though if you go wheeling in that thing and hiit a big bump and hit your head on that overhead console... ouch
After the wreck I have been known to where my seat belt!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Rich, I've never been one to follow a conventional theory of operation! Besides the engine is still nestled between the fenders of the parts truck. I have decided to use the 302 FI in this build, Eventually it will be replaced by a Cummins but not right now.;)
Just kidding you Mongo. Love the build and always look forward to updates. I'm amazed you get stuff done pretty quick. (Unlike me) hmmmm Cummins, now your just teasing. LOL

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Just kidding you Mongo. Love the build and always look forward to updates. I'm amazed you get stuff done pretty quick. (Unlike me) hmmmm Cummins, now your just teasing. LOL
I wish we all could just have a beer together to understand everyone's point of view! There is so much more to communicating then just the words. I take no offense to anyone's comments and actually encourage them, if I can learn from your mistakes please speak up!

Did not make it to the garage last night, My Pirates had to go and lose the Wildcard game:banghead.

Thanks for the positive words they always encourage me to move forward, even thou it is a snails pace!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mongo, you are one hell of an inspiration dude. I'm supremely pleased you are recovering from your accident and that now you wear seat belts. They do save lives. I sincerely hope you get as close to 100% physically as you can without too much trouble and get Patches operating and making money on time! Next time I'm in PA (from AR) I'd love to buy you a beer or take you and your family out for dinner if you do not drink.

221 - 240 of 365 Posts