Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

261 - 280 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
I am close to getting back on this project! The basement of my house took over for the winter but it is almost complete! I actually had went thru a period that I almost sold it, It was listed on Craigslist here in PA, but I have decided to finish it! I will be updating you guys as we get started again. Sorry for the delay but you know how that goes.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
I actually just got them, so far so good. One person can move it but its a lot of work. 2 people would be perfect.
Thanks, been pondering a set for my shop for awhile, how does it do on a mildly dirty floor? stop in it's tracks?

·
ate lug
8,432 Posts
If those are the HF ones, then i have em too. Moves the rear end around ok, but the weight of the D60 & 460 is too much. I tweaked one from the weight. After sitting on them for about two years the front pair doesnt roll very well at all.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
So yesterday morning Mrs. Mongo calls me at work, no hello, no how are you doing....

DID YOU LET KJ WELD WITHOUT A HELMET?!?!?!?!

Silence on my side as I digest what she said. No he didn't weld at all last night. Which was true. However he made a video of me welding.

He went to School with bright red eyes, went to the nurse and said he couldn't see, my wife is having a breakdown over it mainly because she was worried her dad (my father in law) was going to give us shit over it, not because KJ might be blind, but because of her dad.

I reassured her that it comes with the territory, at some point if your near someone welding or welding yourself your going to get flashed. Flashed... what's that, she snapped back, I told her the strong UV rays from the welding have essentially sun burnt KJ's eyes, and you can rest assured it will never happen to him again. How do you know that she said. I retorted, cause after the first time you learn your lesson. He came home from school and rested his eyes all morning long, then cleaned the house in the afternoon, hes a good kid, a little hardheaded but what 14 yo isn't.

I had told him time and time again not to look at the weld while I was welding. He would usually hide in the corner while I was welding but not that night, he was right there videoing. He later said, Dad I didn't look at the weld how did I get flashed, I explained that even though he was shading the weld from his eyes with the phone there were indirect UV rays getting to his eyes. I am going to buy him a welding hood so this will not happen again!

261 - 280 of 365 Posts