Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 372 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,037 Posts
Nice work Mongo. I wasn't sure if they were removable either, but you seem to be a pretty sharp tack, so we should have guessed. Impressive work... as usual. I'm really interested in seeing how this all turns out. Kinda wish you were going for a little more "showy" work... just to see how it all cleans up.

Not that you need any suggestions... but a nice little lip around that upper console might help to ensure a headliner snugs back in and stays put, easily.
IF your putting a headliner back in. :shrug

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
No headliner for patches! The original was FUBAR so its gone! I am going for the Mad Max look and feel but nice enough that my wife will ride with me if I choose to take Patches anywhere over her Exploder. It is a fine line that I have to tote. I will at some point thou cross the line and do fully expect to have someone begin to refer to me as Mad Mongo......

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Back in the garage last night, the right side of the overhead console shelf.....

The Bronco did not have sun visors, I plan to make a JY run over the holiday to find some parts! If you look hard you'll see how the shelf bellied out when I put the front lip on it, I asked Santa to bring me a shrinker / stretcher set from harbor freight tools, a little stretching and that should straighten right out!

·
Registered
80 Posts
A Merry Christmas to your and yours, sir!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Holidays

Have not had the opportunity to make it to the shop too often over the last week or so but I have got a little progress completed.

The possible paint color

Cleaned the shop and went for a ride!

Then we took the front end off

I wanted to cry when I put everything that needs done down on paper!

Going to try and remove the body tomorrow after I get some firewood split! Wont be able to work on it over the weekend either.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah Mongo good list buddy. My first theory on lists was just keep them simple like "strip and repaint front end". Problem with that is it can take like ages to actually cross anything off which can get a bit depressing :whiteflag. The other way is to note all the bits you need to do down to like 2 hour jobs, fun part then is crossing stuff off which feels pretty cool :toothless. My problem was my list of "work" grew. Started as a quick tidy up focused on engine bay. That crept into chassis, interior, front end etc etc. Happy new year mate.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Some real nice metal work there Mongo, going to be a real interesting build

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lookin good, can't wait to see how she comes out!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice work on the front end buddy. hey so can you guys in the states cut chassis's and reweld legally? In NZ you can't touch a chassis. Well unless done by an engineering firm with a ticket to do that type of stuff and even then it needs to be inspected and certified before its allowed on the road. I see plenty of stuff on the forum of guys over there adjusting chassis rails so just interested.

·
Premium Member
35,037 Posts
That's a good question Kiwi but I'm not sure if you'll get a straight answer. Finer details vary between states, so it will likely depend on local regulations.

possibly a good bit of "what they don't know won't hurt me" too. :toothless

121 - 140 of 372 Posts