Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys like monster trucks? I just got back from a monster truck show featuring Cyborg, Easy Riders, Bulldozer, Tuff Enuff, and Maximum Destruction. There was also freestyle dirtbikes along with this futuristic robot car that talks and this dragon looking robot comes out and gets shot by the other one.

·
Registered
893 Posts
grave digger all the way, used to go to demos all the time when i was little and grave digger was and always will be my favorite

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grave digger is awesome. I saw it in 93 when I was like 9 years old and about a year ago. I'd have to say Bigfoot is one of my favorites. I've visited Home of Bigfoot in St. Louis when I was like 10.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Monster trucks are cool, my 5 yeard old daughter wants to drive Grave Digger when she grows up, hell, so do I. We see them every year at the Jamboree nothing beats an outside venue.

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
I havent been to a monster truck show in god knows how long. I lilke bigfoot the best but mainly when it had the 79 body instead of the super duty body.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
78Bronco4x4 said:
I havent been to a monster truck show in god knows how long. I lilke bigfoot the best but mainly when it had the 79 body instead of the super duty body.
I hear ya man! I thought monster trucks were more appealing when they were first comming out in the early-mid eighties when they were simply a lifted pickup with a beefed up motor and big tires. Now they're all tubular with fiberglass body panels and a plexyglass floor, and as a result they don't look much like trucks anymore. The advantage to this is they are much lighter. Back then I heard they weighed 16000lbs and now they are 10000lbs.
The 79 body style Bigfoot still exists and is the only Bigfoot of all of them to still have its original look. It sits inside the store on display at Home of Bigfoot in St. Louis, MO. I like it much better as well!

·
Registered
769 Posts
ive been to every local show since '91 and i go both nights when its in town, it should be here again in Febuary like always and ill try to get pics this year. Its kinda a small event with like 6 trucks and then side shows,quad racing,mini sprints,demo derby...keep in mind its in a hockey arena so it aint the greatest but ill take what i can get.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HWY TO HELL said:
ive been to every local show since '91 and i go both nights when its in town, it should be here again in Febuary like always and ill try to get pics this year. Its kinda a small event with like 6 trucks and then side shows,quad racing,mini sprints,demo derby...keep in mind its in a hockey arena so it aint the greatest but ill take what i can get.
Every show I've ever been to had 4 trucks exept for this most recent one which had 5. I like the outdoor ones the best because those usually have tuff truck competitions which I LOVE! There's a new race track here in NE called Nebraska Raceway Park which is halfway between Omaha and Lincoln.
I went there 2 years in a row and it rained out both times and it was called off. Therefore every one who came with a 4x4 was pissed and went four wheelin in the muddy fields that surrounded the racetrack. It rained so hard that the fields were like a lake. So therefore I could kinda say I got my moneys worth!

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Last time we went, was three years ago, when we first moved here. It was the first time I'd been to an arena event... it's also the last time I'll go to an arena event. The show sucked. I don't know about anywhere else, but I had gone to the outdoor events, when we lived in alaska, for about 6-8 years, before we moved.... MUCH better than indoors. I complain, because the arena here, is almost as small as my bathroom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts