Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled and replaced the e40d to a c6 and its all bolted in. i just have the driveshafts to do and i need to wire it up and figures something out with the linkage.

soo question 1, i have two harnesses that were plugged into the e40d a white one and, a black one and theres 4 wires on the c6 does anyone know which wires i need to hook to the c6?

question 2, the e40d is alot longer than the c6, soo the linkage is way off. is there anyway to modify it to make it work or do i just need to hunt down the right linkage?

question 3, the stock crossmember has a 6 inch gap from it to the trans and im not soo sure making a spacer and sticking it in there would work to well. has anyone tried to modify this or should i just go look for the c6 crossmember?

thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't think you need any of the wires to the trans except to run your backup lights in reverse. The rest are for -no start- and OD I think. I pulled all of them off the C6 I put in the jeep and it's all fine, I didn;t even use the reverse light switch because the shifter had one. You might get a cable shifter for the trans and save yourself a lot of headache. I used the B&M starshifter, around 120 on ebay. easy install, nice shifter.

Try to get the C6 crossmember if you can or just modify what you have [small hassle], your choice.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
i dont think you will have any probelms with the E4OD comuter do a search on here of rC5 swaps and see what that comes up with. and when it is all said and done let us now how it went.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
1- read some wiring diagrams and figure out which ones are for the neutral safety switch and which ones are for your backup lights.

2- have to find the right linkages

3- have to move your transmission crossmember

·
Registered
259 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
i dont think you will have any probelms with the E4OD comuter do a search on here of rC5 swaps and see what that comes up with. and when it is all said and done let us now how it went.
I have done this swap in a pickup and you will need to change the computer.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
s10x1000 said:
yea thats what i heard but im gonna see what happens with the e4od computer first
No offense, but why bother when plenty before have already found out that the EEC will have issues with not getting a response from the E4OD. If you do try it, post up what problems you encountered so others will know when they have the same questions. Just go to a pick and pull and grab one from the same engine with a C6. Then get the proper linkage. You could probably get the crossmember cheap also. Problems solved. Don't forget about the kick down cable also. You can find this all on the truck you would get the PCM from.

Then welcome to the world of the C6! No OD. :cry I just need to find me a good ZF5 to replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts