Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which flywheel do I use in this swap, the one already in the '84(302 2bbl, C6 auto) or the one on the back of the 5.0 EFI/AOD out of the '93 donor truck? I'm going to retain the C6, not going to use the AOD (it's a 2WD tranny) only using the 5.0EFI and related electronics.

Thanks
Mike

·
3,420 Posts
As long as the engine in the 84 is originally a later than 1981 motor, the inbalance in the flexplate will work. The C4 uses a 157 tooth flywheel, the AOD uses a 164 tooth. I am not sure about a C6, think it uses a 164, being larger than a C4. When you seperate engine/trans, just compare, between a 157 and 164 there is about an inch diff.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Use the C6 flexplate with the C6 tranny. The AOD and C6 flexplates each have a different thickness and will affect how the torque convertor engages the pump.
Rick

·
Something Spiffy
940 Posts
C-6 and E4OD use the same flex plate and the AOD and C-4 use the same flexplate (i think, if i remember right.) dont use the AOD flexplate on the c-6, it wont stick out far enough for the pump to engage, i think you will be safe with the other plate, unless ford changed the 5.0 balance between years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts