Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone just slammed into my dad, totalled my dakota from what he says.

Will be back later, with pictures.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
That sucks Rob

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
was it the fat chick in a car that showed her boobs? sorry to here and hope he is OK

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
is your pops alright?

if it wasnt for bad luck huh

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
bad day.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,122 Posts
I "assume" your dads ok by the tone of your post (if that's possible).

Alright man... these things come in 3's right? Which one is that? :goodfinge
PM'in

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Rob it's been 5.5 hours, I'd guess I speak for everybody else in saying we hope everything is ok for you and your dad

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I hope everything is ok.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
hope your dad's alright rob. don't worry 'bout the truck, a truck is replaceable, your father isn't. sucks though either way.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
:stupid

hope he's alright man

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
An interesting day.

Dad called the first time said:

Hey I've been in a little fender bender, gonna be home late

Dad called the second time and said:

Dad called the third time and said:

I left after that phone call to the house, i guess from what mom says he called six more time stating the same thing.

By the time i got to the Brecksville PD (about 20 minutes if you drive sanely) in 8 minutes, by the time i got there he was in the back of an ambulance, he had refused medical treatment on scene. But the cop was smart enough to notice that he had called the house repeatedly about the same thing. And then callled a squad.

They took him to the hospital (DON"T EVER GO TO PARMA HOSPITAL) to check him out. For 6 and half hours he repeatedly asked me the same questions and had no clue what he was doing. He went to sleep, woke up, asked the same set of questions and started to remember stuff. Dad is okay. I guess he had Trauma amnesia and the airbags blasted him in the face. Enough to **** anyone up at any age.

As for the "Little Fender Bender"

Dad went head on with a sport compact.....and from what it looks like, my dakota won. The other person was rushed to a local trauma hospital, i guess rather fast too, i hope she was allright. I haven't slept since i posted this, we actually just got out of the hospital about an hour ago.

He was going up Snowville road hill, she was coming down, she veered left of center, he ate guardrail trying to avoid her. She slammed into him, her grill lined up with the driver's side headlight of the dakota. The dakota was much higher than what she was driving.

The Dakota kept him safe, but, being higher on the 31's, it gave it's life to save my dad's. From what the cop told me, the front end is crushed (i am sure the radiator went into the fan, and maybe further), the front axle pushed back on the driveshaft which pushed the transfercase into the transmission which busted up the rear end to. She hit him hard enough to knock the rear window out of the truck. Both air bags deployed and i am sure there are numerous other things wrong with it frame wise. So the "good truck" name has now been passed to the Bronco.

We had a ton of snow so I am glad i told him to take that one, his Aerostar wouldn't of survived this. I am a Ford fan, but i am happy as hell he was in my Mopar. The Aerostar front clip would of failed him.

I will miss my mopar, but i would have missed my father much more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts