Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a beter air & exhaust system (legal) for a stock 91' 351. Powerful truck but really slow off the line... My '83 has a rebuilt 351w with headers and straight dual exgaust and it's so responsive compared to the newer one. What mods can be done to give it more power and still pass Washington states strick emissions laws?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
How about a K&N and headers and bigger exhaust that is legal. There's a lot of legal mods that can be made. as long as you keep the O2 sensor(s) and cat and EGR and smog stuff yadda yadda you should be fine.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i got chip exaust intake injectors ,ignition and gears and i ca nget goin pretty good of the the line and great power.NO CATS. rlkbob,were's petersburg at?im like right by detroit

·
Registered
196 Posts
look to drivetrain for the best gains
looser stall
lower gear ratio

G

·
Shorty headers, "Y" with crosover for O2 sensor, high flow cat, muff, and single tube 3". Then make your own K&N. 1st mod should be gearing if you're running big tires.
Later: Heads!, cam, maf conversion, tuner/chip, higher compression, stroker and or blower, upgrade fuel delivery, brake something in drivetrain upgrade tranny, clutch, axels, brakes. Repeat again when you have to get that 427 stroker.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
bronco23, I know where Garden City is I had a girlfriend that lived there when I was in HS (used to live in Ypsi mony moons ago before the Navy). Petersburg is just south of Dundee and west of Ida. It's the next exit past Cabela's going south on US-23. I'm probably about 45 min from you. I work at the Visteon plant in Ypsi, the one right by I-94 at the Huron St exit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.