Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this here because the other coolant leak thread was played out. Anyway I said I would do something to stop the coolant from sloshing out of the reservoir which it did whenever I drove my Bronco. Well no more. :toothless

Here's a little something I whipped up...

The cap/plug with two O rings on it...

The plug inserted into the opening in the reservoir...notice how clean it is around it??

The reservoir after I drove about 10 miles and usually would smell coolant and when I would get home it would be all over the top of the reservoir and on the fender wells, sway bar etc. NO MORE THOUGH! Nice and clean now and the coolant stays in the res.

And of course a little video...that's always fun...HAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I guess I was wrong for offering these.

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
yo,
nice.

I have used alum foil wound in a spiral betw. can and tank

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad you made an installation video. Don't think we could of pulled that one off ourselves. haha
Never can tell....some guys might think that's a butt plug:haha

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,444 Posts
Will it allow air to escape to accommodate the expansion and contraction of the coolant?

x2 was thinking that all along....

:popc1:

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes there's a 5/32 through hole in it. You can see it in the pictures and the video

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Will it allow air to escape to accommodate the expansion and contraction of the coolant?
Looks like it has a hole drilled thru the center.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
...oh no, now i might get a bunch of yams mailed to me.... that happened to a guy on this site-

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...oh no, now i might get a bunch of yams mailed to me.... that happened to a guy on this site-
Well you won't have to worry about me sending you any yams...I would eat them first.:haha

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Greg does this look like a yam to you??? This is yours. O rings installed tomorrow and you should have it on Monday. Don't bake it or nuke it. It won't taste good.:toothless

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
If your going to make these and sell them you need to pony up for a Vendor membership.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Thanks Gary, Jopes, I think he was just askin' and I really jumped the gun on this-

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If your going to make these and sell them you need to pony up for a Vendor membership.
I think I can make anything I want. It's selling them that's the hard part and I don't think one little sale justifies a vendor's fee. I just won't offer them any more. Don't make anything on them anyway. I'd have to sell a hundred of them just to pay the fee. You guys can go back to using aluminum foil or rags or whatever.:whiteflag:toothless

1 - 20 of 38 Posts