Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to get as much power out of my 302 without having to replace anything or buying anything. just like a tune up, what could i do to make my 5.0 faster?
what could i tune up
air box?
intake?
throttle bodies?

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
There's an easy 100+ hp to be gained without lifting a finger, but I'm afraid that's not information we can give to just anyone.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just dont want to spend alot of money. just a way to tune it faster would be great

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
You're not going to get much power without buying anything. I'd start at pulling the plugs and cleaning, filing and gapping them. Pull the distributor cab and clean the rotor's tip and center terminal, then clean the contacts on underside of the cap itself. Then set the timing to 12 or 13 degreese. Be sure all your filters are clean too. Thats about it without spending a dime. It may even give you an extra horse under the hood.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just replaced the spark plugs with brand new platinums by bosch last week. i took the dist. cap off and scraped the gunk off the metal tipps and put it back on. i got new air filter, and a breather filter. and an oil change

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I would take those platimums out and replace them with cheap orange box Autolites.

Other than that, clean the TB and if you want to get crazy pull the upper intake and clean it too. Well, nevermind, you would have to buy a gasket to put it back on.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
i am wanting to get as much power out of my 302 without having to replace anything or buying anything. just like a tune up, what could i do to make my 5.0 faster?
what could i tune up
air box?
intake?
throttle bodies?
To make an extremely powerfull motor, you need some ******* engineering...I would suggest the following on the *cheap*

First off, get rid of that restrictive intake, just take all of the airbox and tube assembly off. Loose all the emissions and the like. Next, if you wanna get a *cheap* cold air intake, go to lowes/home depot and get some 90* bends and some straight sections of pvc pipe. Make sure to get the intake part of the setup as close to the road as possible, about 4-5 inches off the ground is perfect....No filter, that restricts it. For better flow out of the exhaust, I would also recomend that you cut it off right before your first cat, or if you want maximum flow, make sure to cut the exhaust right after the manifolds (chicks dig obnoxisly loud exhausts)

That and make sure to loose all the weight you can. Take out things that YOU dont need. Such as: carpet, extra seats, ac, power windows, power locks, radio, speakers, spare tire, tools, etc...

Then youll have the bestest fastest Bko in the WORLD!!!

P.S. This wouldn't be roman's cuzin would it?

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
Try driving downhill. :toothless

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
i thinky it might be roman, the bronco looks the same and is the same year

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
:stupid Can we have an IP trace?

And a thread lock?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
:stupid Can we have an IP trace?
First two sets of numbers in the IP are the same, provider is the same, Bronco looks the same, same dumb ass questions.

I predict a 90% chance of it being Roman.

We are attempting to verify it now.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looking at this guys posts and pictures, then going back to Romans old posts and pictures. I would bet $20 that this is Roman. Just way too big of a coincidence.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Bottom line, i dont give a shit what anyone else says, if you REALLY want to actually have a measureable difference in performance you are going to have tyo spend money. Even a 15HP gain in a 5000lb truck is going to have very insignificant impacts on your performance.

Your options are simple:

Gears
Forced induction
Stroking

Other than that you are not going to get much at all. Gears would be in the sub $500 range and the other two could be had for $2000-$4000.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
bye bye roman

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.