Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the torsion bar put back on my seat and that helped things but.... the seat mves a hair up and down when I go over bumps. Is it possible to adjust the latching mechanism for the seat?

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Keep the seat folded down :thumbup

:beer
Bill

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I don't know for sure this is a shot in the dark, but does the "striker" that the latch "latches" to have a plastic sleeve like doors and tail gates? If so this may be your problem. The plastic broke off the doors on my '95 and the tailgate of my '94 causing the same affect. If thats your problem the whole peice has to be replaced...no way to just replace the plastic :banghead

Hope that helps...:beer

·
Registered
115 Posts
You'd think so, most definitely. However, this happened to my roomie's Mustang tailgate latch, and I found a pretty acceptable fix. Go to your hardware store, and look in the bolt/nut/etc bins. You'll evetually find some nylon sleeves/spacers. Get one that has a close diameter. Slit this lengthwise on one side, pull it open with your fingers, and clip it over the offending post. Secure with a couple drops of super glue. It replaces the plastic perfectly. Been going strong for well over a year now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think I've fixed it. It was nothing that two rolls of electrical tape couldn't fix. If this doesn't last, I'll fix it right next time with duct tape!!! :beer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts