Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this bronco was worn out when I bought it. My only intentions were to make it road worthy so that I could drive it from Va Beach to Ashland, KY (during my move), and then when I had more time and money I would repair and modify to my hearts content. So I swapped my 4" in lift in from my last bronco, and rebuilt the motor. The lift (including the time that it was on the other bronco) only has maybe 5 to 6,000 miles on it. But the front end is starting to sag quite a bit. It's weird though, because it only happens on occassion. Does this mean my fairly new springs (as far as miles are conserned) are worn out already, or do you guys suspect something else? The truck has about 130k on it.

I plan to replace the lift when I do the frame off, but that's a bit of money away. I don't want to wait that long to solve the problem, as I am driving it more often until my dad buys another vehicle. (he's borrowing my daily driver)

Also, every bump feels like I'm bottoming out. That would be shocks not springs right? But the shocks don't help support the weight, so it wouldn't sag if the shocks were worn would it? I'm pretty sure that it's not an alignment issue, because it doesn't sag all the time. I guess I'm just looking for opinions before I start tearing into it. I may replace the ball joints this week while I have spair time.

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
i'd say start checking bushings,starting with the pivots

·
Registered
562 Posts
Did you replace axle pivot bushings when you installed the lift? Like NOBS said, replace them if you haven't.

The shocks are not load bearing, so they will not contribute to your sag. They will make the ride crappy if they're bad, so check them as well as the upper and lower shock bushings.

What brand of springs are they? Call the mfr., tell them the springs are sagging, and they'll send you a new set no charge or at cost (~$50).

Replace the radius arm bushings also if they're old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts