Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Truck is running great with the new build got about 80 miles on it now. Anyway anybody one here good with playing with the trans with tweecer? Being that I'm using a way1 (302) computer it seems to be shifting to soon. I don't wanna mess my trans up sense I don't know much about the tweecer yet but I'd like it to wait a little longer to shift into all gears under both part throttle and wot, especially part throttle. I've heard there are some beneficial adjustments that can be made for torque converter lock up too if anybody knows what they are. Anyway if anybody could give me a hand real quick I could email you the 2 tunes I got from tweecer or if you wanna just tell me what to do that would be cool as well. Anyway thanks in advance guys. I gotta credit the guys on this site for a good portion of my parts selection for the build

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind mike from efidynotuning explained it to me

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey guys this is mostly for anybody who might find this on google with the same issues and questions.

I talked to mike at efidynotuning and its super easy to dial in your part throttle shift points, go to functions and select the shift you want to change then change them to whatever you want (i initially started by raising everything 5mph from stock) then go to the downshift that matches (so if you changed your 1-2 go to your 2-1) and bassically copy the same thing to them as u used for the initial shift but drop the mph by 10 mph and that will get you pretty close. then from there i loaded it took the truck for a drive made another revision on my 2-3 shift and my 4-3 shift (pretty much nailed the others first try) and its exactly where i wanted it. just that easy.

Anyway if i knew how id post my tune here but if anybody else is running a 351 on a 302 computer and is having this issue id be happy to mail you mine. my 351 is fresh and pretty warmed over tho so if your running a stockish one you may want your downshifts a little different then what i have in that case just refer to the method i just described and youll be happy pretty quick.

there haha i contributed something to the tuning section. didnt expect that. but this is exactly how decipha explained it to me and it really came out great.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,976 Posts
was just getting ready to send you my tune, but it looks like you have everything set up the way you want it now...glad to hear it.:thumbup

why don't you post up what you changed your shift points to...take a screen shot..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do when I get home tonight. I think im gonna raise my 3-4 shift a little more tho. Most everything I just raised by 5 mph except 2-3 I think I ended up raising 10mph or more from where it was by the time I was happy with it. 3-4 will prolly be 7 mph higher then it was originally. Then I just did what decipha said for the kick downs. Huge improvement just right there.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,976 Posts
I just emailed you my tune.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great thank you sir. Can't wait to compare it when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
once you get the shift scheduling how you like you can move on to shift pressure with the dynamic tv shift pressure functions and table, that will give you equal excitement as scheduling lol

5 psi at a time is huge on an e4, you want it to shift fast not neccessarily hard, and just apply the preasure in the tp range you need it not global, keep in mind just about all tp based functions in the ecu are REL_TP (ACTUAL-LOWEST [known as ratch]) not actual TP voltage that you would measure at the TPS

also due to my 4r100 failure on my personal harley truck last night Im going to recommend everyone command full line pressure over 4k in 1st, with a touch of tq reduction and reducing the 1-2 WOT shift for safety, according to sources only the 2001 4r100 is affected but I figure why not regardless just to be safe

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I'll start looking into that then too. Any thing I should be doing with torque converter lockup? I haven't changed it sense I changed shift points.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Sub'd. I'm doing research on this now, probably buy one when I get my new engine swapped in. I'll be running a 351 on a WAY1 ECU. Same trans too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it where I'm pretty happy with it but I think im gonna try the trans functions from ur tune tonight after work. All ur numbers are definetly different then mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts