Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this Bronco fitted for (off?)road tripping:

Seeing the rear side panels pulled out makes me want to do it more myself.

Some pretty crazy mods.
  • Toilet in the Driver's seat
  • Desktop computer in the passenger seat
  • Center console table that can mount in the tailgate
I think a Sprinter is about as small as I'd be willing to go for a camper (without adding a high-top or something). But rock on for her going for it.

I lost count of the number of hatchets / machetes / bats stashed away in that Bronco.

Is Morgan on here?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,507 Posts
I followed her YouTube for awhile. Interesting, crazy. Tried to suggest she swing by in her comments once but she's got so many leg-humpers, it's hard to say if she ever saw it or cared. Gotta give her cred on diving into the Bronco life and rolling up her sleeves and getting to it when it needs gettin' too. Not sure what happened with her RV but looks like she took some of it with her to the Bronco. Tough life living on the road like that but a pretty face and the right attitude can go a long way. She kinda reminds me of my sister, in both the good and the bad ways.

She'd be livin' much better if she was overland setup like @remco and his ride. Now that's an RVBronco setup done right.
Can't find any good pics from his FOTM run but I followed him a bit on YouTube as well... language barrier is a bitch but he was a real nice guy with a beautiful new family and they were all in on the overland Bronco.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I followed her YouTube for awhile. Interesting, crazy. Tried to suggest she swing by in her comments once but she's got so many leg-humpers, it's hard to say if she ever saw it or cared. Gotta give her cred on diving into the Bronco life and rolling up her sleeves and getting to it when it needs gettin' too. Not sure what happened with her RV but looks like she took some of it with her to the Bronco. Tough life living on the road like that but a pretty face and the right attitude can go a long way. She kinda reminds me of my sister, in both the good and the bad ways.

She'd be livin' much better if she was overland setup like @remco and his ride. Now that's an RVBronco setup done right.
Can't find any good pics from his FOTM run but I followed him a bit on YouTube as well... language barrier is a bitch but he was a real nice guy with a beautiful new family and they were all in on the overland Bronco.
Jesus you weren't kidding about the leg humpers in her comment section... But yeah I agree, only way I'd stay in a bronco for an extended amount of time would be with a remco style setup and even then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,705 Posts
Hats off to her for making it work. She looks somewhat un-tall, which has to help.

It's funny that she doesn't use the indoor kitchen, has chosen to cook outdoors instead, but the silly toilet concept hasn't been replaced. Maybe she has done so in a later chapter. :shrug

·
Registered
174 Posts
Interesting. But I would rather build a nice off-road pop-up style camper to pull behind it.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
A pretty chick and a bronco....nice combo. I watch her stuff on YT as well. I have definitely been thinking of selling the house, the boat, buying a pull behind and going gypsy....but that's just a wild hair up my a$$.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,551 Posts
I've seen some of her stuff, and can see why she has all them leg humpers lol.

If you are solo, and 6' tall or under, a bronco isnt bad to stay in. Removing the rear seat frees up a lot of room. With a toolbox, a blow up sleeping pad, and a small pillow, your head can lay where the rear passenger feet normally go. Or you can build a raised platform to store stuff under and sleep on top of. It was pretty comfy really. But I treat it as a tent on wheels, rather than an RV or Camper.

However, a bronco has virtually no insulative properties, nor can you really insulate it as well as say a van. I slept in mine on the way to moab, and woke up to 3/16" of ice on the whole bronco. Having a few wool blankets pretty well kept me warm. But getting out of the warm sleeping bag was HELL!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at some of her older stuff, and it looks like she's not staying in the Bronco cuz it's her first choice. She's kind of "homeless with a car" after losing her house and she already had the Bronco. And she had something like an RV or a camper trailer, but it must have had major problems because she lost it somewhere along the way.

Even more respect for turning a bad situation into a trip.

I think that cooking outside and such is a great option in a southern state or during the summer. Even preferable to a camper van. But it would be a lot tougher up here during a New England winter.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,063 Posts
Hats off to her for making it work. She looks somewhat un-tall, which has to help.
My thoughts exactly. Once you raise the floor like that, you have no option but to be tiny if you want to move around in back.

Interesting. But I would rather build a nice off-road pop-up style camper to pull behind it.
She's definitely industrious, but yeah, I was thinking it would be much better to go with a bigger platform or trailer. With all that stuff barely bungeed in back, you'd have to drive slower than a grandma to keep it from flying everywhere, so it's not like you're gaining any mobility by maxing out the Bronco's space vs a small RV. But, if like said above, she built the Bronco camper out of necessity, that's more an observation than a critique.

·
35,507 Posts
However, a bronco has virtually no insulative properties, nor can you really insulate it as well as say a van. I slept in mine on the way to moab, and woke up to 3/16" of ice on the whole bronco. Having a few wool blankets pretty well kept me warm. But getting out of the warm sleeping bag was HELL!
I can testify to the truth of that one. I've spent a few nights on occasion, traveling with the Bronco. The last one was driving down to Boise with a friend, to check out and purchase my current '95, in October (I think it was). We showed up the night before to get an early look and an early start on the drive back home. We pulled into town, planning to get a room but college football had the town packed and no rooms to be had, so we pulled in behind a convenience store, toked ourselves stupid and napped out. I woke up twice in the 4.5 hours we slept and had to start the rig and turn the heater on for awhile to stop shivering. My buddy was ok but he's got 100 lbs. or more on me.

I'm kinda surprised in all the time she's been wondering vegabond, documenting her adventures and with all the leg humpers she attracts... that someone hasn't gifted her a tiny trailer or something. If I had one around or the money to do so, I'd hook her up. I've lived through some hard times and it ain't easy going it alone and I can appreciate her attitude and her love of and dedication to the FSB is unquestionably well documented. Hell... if she were a member here and this site was still 1/2 of what it used to be, I'd start up a funding drive to try and help her out and save her Bronco from being slowly beat down. Daily driving around and wheelin' are one thing but living full time is seriously tough on an older rig. Even a tiny 12' tag-along and a porta-potty would be a major improvement and no hassle for an FSB.

Shame she never chose to swing by. Maybe we should consider something like that anyway?
At least then this wouldn't feel like a creepy "Cutie w/a Bronco" stalker thread.

·
Premium Member
1994 EB 351 (Sold)
276 Posts
You could start a list and map of available Bronco related services that users may have here. Kind of like a Bronco AAA. While I am not sure I would want my daughter going to see BroncoBilly1987 at his home A lot of you guys have a great reputation and also your own business or shop. Reduced or free wrenching as well as spare parts would help if in the area. Also people with Broncos such as herself can always message head members without a fanboy thread.

With the recent rage of "vanlife" I like the idea of living in a Bronco for short spurts or perhaps a long tour of Alaska and Canada. I am not short and I didn't select my dog in preparation of such a life so not going to be easy.

I do like the desks and storage as it reminds me of a sailboat. A lot of dual use stuff which is important for space. BikerPepe I do like our Euro friends Broncos as they are some of the best built trip broncos I have ever seen and all of them are user made for the majority.

·
35,507 Posts
On reflection... probably best to let her be. That old "Captain Save-a-Ho" still gets the better of me on occasion.

Not a bad idea on the surface GTHippie but personally, I'd be far more willing to answer a call on the board, to show up in person and help a fellow member out than to list my info for all the web to see and hope for the best.

·
Registered
357 Posts
On reflection... probably best to let her be. That old "Captain Save-a-Ho" still gets the better of me on occasion.

Not a bad idea on the surface GTHippie but personally, I'd be far more willing to answer a call on the board, to show up in person and help a fellow member out than to list my info for all the web to see and hope for the best.
Lolol you guys crack me up havent heard "cpt save a hoe" in a while haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
24,242 Posts
Yo,
This was tight;:
"This is the view standing outside looking inside the Swift Boat. Talk about close quarters! There was zero privacy on a Swift Boat, and, according to Bob Bolger, it was bad form to actually use the toilet since it was already so hot and stuffy inside the 50 foot boat. Those are bunks on either side of the toilet."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts